Turn on thread page Beta

documents to provide to get first passport watch

ReputationRep:
    so i'm getting my first passport (yes im over 18 and never left the uk blahblahblah) and ive done the online form and payment, and now need to send in the next form, with the right documents and two pictures, one with the countersign on the back.
    my concern is that on this chart it says i will need 'both parents full birth certificates and marriage certificate'. the problem is that i only have access to my mum's birth certificate as my parents divorced a few years ago and i never see my dad anymore (and my mum only has a copy of their marriage certificate, incase she needs it, since it's null or something now)
    however, on this website, it says i only need my 'mother's or father's birth certificate'. i'm hoping this is the case, since i only have access to my mum's, but im a little confused and i really dont want to send in the wrong documents.
    somebody help me clarify what i need? or what i can do if it turns out i need documents i dont have access to?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by foursides)
    so i'm getting my first passport (yes im over 18 and never left the uk blahblahblah) and ive done the online form and payment, and now need to send in the next form, with the right documents and two pictures, one with the countersign on the back.
    my concern is that on this chart it says i will need 'both parents full birth certificates and marriage certificate'. the problem is that i only have access to my mum's birth certificate as my parents divorced a few years ago and i never see my dad anymore (and my mum only has a copy of their marriage certificate, incase she needs it, since it's null or something now)
    however, on this website, it says i only need my 'mother's or father's birth certificate'. i'm hoping this is the case, since i only have access to my mum's, but im a little confused and i really dont want to send in the wrong documents.
    somebody help me clarify what i need? or what i can do if it turns out i need documents i dont have access to?
    I just sent in my mum's birth certificate and their marriage certificate.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.