Turn on thread page Beta

Help! I got caught in class visiting a game site... watch

I am scared to tell my parents... Since it is the Chinese new year holidays, I don't think the teachers sent a email to my parents yet, but I heard the principle and some other teachers talk about it. I am not really scared of the scolding, I am scared of how disappointed my parents would be. They always encourage me so much...

I only looked at the game site to check if I won the tournament, and I had finished my work. I was on that site for less than 20 seconds.

Kids at my school always play games during class, while the teachers don't really look at out screens. It's just that this one teacher hates me and always just look only at my screen. (I think it's because once her 'cute' (she is not cute!!!!) daughter almost bumped into the football gear I was holding).

I don't think I can tell my parents, and I am scared that it will go on my permanent record. I am probably gonna have a talk with the principle or the councillor.

What should I do? Help......
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am scared to tell my parents... Since it is the Chinese new year holidays, I don't think the teachers sent a email to my parents yet, but I heard the principle and some other teachers talk about it. I am not really scared of the scolding, I am scared of how disappointed my parents would be. They always encourage me so much...

I only looked at the game site to check if I won the tournament, and I had finished my work. I was on that site for less than 20 seconds.

Kids at my school always play games during class, while the teachers don't really look at out screens. It's just that this one teacher hates me and always just look only at my screen. (I think it's because once her 'cute' (she is not cute!!!!) daughter almost bumped into the football gear I was holding).

I don't think I can tell my parents, and I am scared that it will go on my permanent record. I am probably gonna have a talk with the principle or the councillor.

What should I do? Help......
    It shouldn't be a big deal, so you just have to let what happens happens and hope it doesn't even reach your parents. I'm guessing this is not in the Uk, they wouldn't care that much over here.

If it does happen then just apologise and say you won't do it again and you'll get past it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Its not that deep tbh, it would of been worse if you had been caught on some illegal website but its not that serious and I doubt teachers have time to phone parents regarding 'Game sites'

ReputationRep:
    If you apologised for it and won't do it again, there is no big issue here (depending on how strict your school's policy is on visiting non-educational sites). It isn't likely to stay on your permanent record. Did the teacher say they were going to tell your parents? If they do, just own up to it - it is something you did and take responsibility for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.