Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just started preparing for LNAT for admission in 2019. Please tell me everything I need to know on how to prepare and how much score is required fr getting into top law universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salonii_a)
    I have just started preparing for LNAT for admission in 2019. Please tell me everything I need to know on how to prepare and how much score is required fr getting into top law universities.
    I have received offers from Oxford, UCL, LSE, King’s and Southampton so hopefully I can be of some help!

I found out that my LNAT score was 29/42 with a cohort average of 19.9. I have seen people accepted into Oxford with multiple choice scores starting from about 21. The multiple choice section isn’t the only thing they will look at and a lot of universities put more weight on the essay as it is the only piece of your written work that they will see.

In terms of preparation, I definitely recommend doing the past papers in the days leading up to your LNAT. There are only 2 available which isn’t fantastic but it gives you a really good idea of the sorts of questions that they ask and what you need to look out for. You can also purchase books to help with the multiple choice section, I didn’t bother but if you think you’re really going to struggle it may help you. Definitely do not pay anyone to coach you. It is a waste of time and money because they won’t be able to help. The LNAT website provides a list of recommended newspapers to read and I would definitely read as many of them as you can. It will give you an idea of the sorts of issues going on in the world and the opinion pieces can help you think of arguments and counter arguments. For the essay I just recommend thinking about controversial topics today, abortion being an example, and formulating how you would argue for or against abortion and consider all possible arguments that would be thrown up by someone with an opposing view.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthflame57)
    I have received offers from Oxford, UCL, LSE, King’s and Southampton so hopefully I can be of some help!

I found out that my LNAT score was 29/42 with a cohort average of 19.9. I have seen people accepted into Oxford with multiple choice scores starting from about 21. The multiple choice section isn’t the only thing they will look at and a lot of universities put more weight on the essay as it is the only piece of your written work that they will see.

In terms of preparation, I definitely recommend doing the past papers in the days leading up to your LNAT. There are only 2 available which isn’t fantastic but it gives you a really good idea of the sorts of questions that they ask and what you need to look out for. You can also purchase books to help with the multiple choice section, I didn’t bother but if you think you’re really going to struggle it may help you. Definitely do not pay anyone to coach you. It is a waste of time and money because they won’t be able to help. The LNAT website provides a list of recommended newspapers to read and I would definitely read as many of them as you can. It will give you an idea of the sorts of issues going on in the world and the opinion pieces can help you think of arguments and counter arguments. For the essay I just recommend thinking about controversial topics today, abortion being an example, and formulating how you would argue for or against abortion and consider all possible arguments that would be thrown up by someone with an opposing view.
    Do I need to appear in other exams like sat other than LNAT for getting admission in law universities !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salonii_a)
    Do I need to appear in other exams like sat other than LNAT for getting admission in law universities !
    Apart from your school and college exams the only other exam applicable to some law universities is the LNAT. Most universities don’t use the LNAT however. Cambridge has a different aptitude test if you want to study Law there but that is exclusive to Cambridge.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.