Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m ok this might be long but please read as i seriously need some help!
    I am in year 9 and I chose double science, geography, history, ICT and photography. For the first week or two I did Spanish but changed it to history as I hated my class and teacher and it was seriously stressing me out, I though if I couldn’t do it for a week how could I do it for three years?
    Anyway, long story short I regret all of my options looking back now I wish I took triple science, Spanish, history and ICT but I know that it is way too late to change my options.
    Not only do i hate my options but I just hate the school too. My friend group are just a load of *****es and I feel like I’m not reaching my full potential in classes as the teachers can barely teach.
    However, grammar schools in my area are now taking entrants in year 10 but I’m not sure if I’ve left it too late to apply. And if I did apply, I wouldn’t be able to do triple as I had missed a year of work and you have to take a language there and I would be a year behind on that too.
    Any advice? Should I at least ask if there are any spaces in the grammar school? Or should I stay at my current school?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry you feel this way. You should definitely see if grammar schools have any spaces left but if not, just keep your head down and work hard to achieve your grades at gcse so you can apply to grammar schools for sixth form. I went to a really bad school that i hated, ignored everyone and worked hard to get the grades i did then got into a grammar school sixth form. Just bare in mind that, eventhough grammar schools are said to be good and the teachers are meant to be helpful, i had enjoyed myself more and received more help from teacher at my old crap school than i did at this grammar school.
    If you really hate your gcse options, ask your teachers if its not too late to switch to triple science or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiik)
    Im so sorry you feel this way. You should definitely see if grammar schools have any spaces left but if not, just keep your head down and work hard to achieve your grades at gcse so you can apply to grammar schools for sixth form. I went to a really bad school that i hated, ignored everyone and worked hard to get the grades i did then got into a grammar school sixth form. Just bare in mind that, eventhough grammar schools are said to be good and the teachers are meant to be helpful, i had enjoyed myself more and received more help from teacher at my old crap school than i did at this grammar school.
    If you really hate your gcse options, ask your teachers if its not too late to switch to triple science or something else?
    Thank you, I’m going to speak to my teachers on Monday and if I can’t change my options then I may contact the grammar school just to see if there is any spaces, I just need to figure it all out soon!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.