Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Very confused about my funding options. I am from Northern Ireland and have previously applied for funding through student finance ni for my undergraduate degree. I have recently been accepted to my PGDE Teacher Training at the University of Edinburgh and want clarification about my funding options and specifically which body to apply through. Although I am from Northern Ireland I currently reside in England since September 2017. So I am unsure which student finance organisation I am able to apply from student finance ni, student finance England or SAAS. Any help would be appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by fionnualaglover)
    Very confused about my funding options. I am from Northern Ireland and have previously applied for funding through student finance ni for my undergraduate degree. I have recently been accepted to my PGDE Teacher Training at the University of Edinburgh and want clarification about my funding options and specifically which body to apply through. Although I am from Northern Ireland I currently reside in England since September 2017. So I am unsure which student finance organisation I am able to apply from student finance ni, student finance England or SAAS. Any help would be appreciated.
    You should be able to apply through SAAS as they require you to be ordinarily resident (over 3 years and not solely for educational purposes) in the UK and resident in Scotland on the start date of the course.

If you have complicated residency then the best thing to do is to contact each of the agencies and ask them to assess whether they would grant you funding, taking in to account all of your personal circumstances.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.