Turn on thread page Beta

Graduated in summer 2017- still no job...advice? watch

Hi Guys,
    So I have been doing a couple of applications a week for a while...maybe I need to up this.
    Trouble is I am not really interested in most jobs...but I need money and need to move on with my life.
    Do have a temp job but it is on and off.
    Interested in research and social enterprises not sales or customer service roles.
    Got a 1st in business related degree from good uni and got a solid CV I think.
    Anyone have any tips?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Guys,
    So I have been doing a couple of applications a week for a while...maybe I need to up this.
    Trouble is I am not really interested in most jobs...but I need money and need to move on with my life.
    Interested in research and social enterprises not sales or customer service roles.
    Anyone have any tips?
    That's all massively vague and contradictory. What do you mean by "I'm not really interested in most jobs"? Then you say "Interested in research and social enterprises" - have you explored these roles to see what skills are required in entry level jobs in this area? Do you have those skills? Have you done anything to develop those skills? What sort of jobs are you applying to? Are you getting rejected at the application stage or are you getting to interview? What feedback have you got?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered graduate schemes so you can get a taste of numerous roles in the working world?

ReputationRep:
    What stage are you getting rejected at when you apply for jobs?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone have any tips?
    Hi there,

Can you tell us a little more about the work experience you currently have, did you do any work experience placements or volunteering whilst you were at uni that were related to business/research/social enterprises?

Have you had someone check over your CV?

You have found yourself in a place that a lot of uni graduates find themselves in where they graduate but then struggle to find full time employment. A lot of this is down to a lack of experience and skills, it's not always enough to have a degree if you don't have the transferable skills to back it up.

Would love to hear more about your situation, The National Careers Service is on TSR to help wherever possible.

Thanks,

Sophie - National Careers Service Team.

ReputationRep:
    When you say "research and social enterprise" what do you mean?

Did you do any work experience or employment during your time at uni?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.