Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received my offer last night and I was wondering if there’s been a gc set up for offer holders? Or if anyone would make one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie2000)
    Hi, I received my offer last night and I was wondering if there’s been a gc set up for offer holders? Or if anyone would make one?
    hey! when was your interview? i have mine on wednesday, how did yours go? i mean obviously well since you got an offer but what was it like and how did you feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanishaevans)
    hey! when was your interview? i have mine on wednesday, how did yours go? i mean obviously well since you got an offer but what was it like and how did you feel?
    Hi, mine was last month, obviously I can’t say too much about the interview but I thought it was okay. Try not to be intimidated by any of the tasks or going in, just stay calm because the interview isn’t as bad as you think. The best advice someone gave me was that it doesn’t matter how you do on the task stations, they’re assessing your ability to remain calm, focused and so try to enjoy it. So keeping that in mind, do your research into the uni as you would, ignore any bad stations but yeah don’t worry about it x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just received my offer today! How do I go about being added to the group chat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shsingh)
    Hi, just received my offer today! How do I go about being added to the group chat?
    congratulations! what are your conditions? are you a school leave?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Bristol next year for dentistry. I was wondering what work experience you did and the stats you received (if you don’t mind x) as well as any advice you can give xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jannyrose127)
    congratulations! what are your conditions? are you a school leave?
    Thank you! No, i'm actually a graduate so my offer condition is a 2:1 in my degree!

ReputationRep:
    when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, congrats on the offer! Pm me your number and I’ll add you

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! When did you do your interview?

ReputationRep:
    17th January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kh8h)
    Congratulations!! When did you do your interview?
    17th January

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional offer!! Over the moon!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccafinn)
    Just got an unconditional offer!! Over the moon!!!
    how come its unconditional?? and when was ur interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanishaevans)
    how come its unconditional?? and when was ur interview?
    I've already graduated so I've met the conditions already My interviewas the 10th of January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccafinn)
    I've already graduated so I've met the conditions already My interviewas the 10th of January.
    oh i see! congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marzipan1030)
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Bristol next year for dentistry. I was wondering what work experience you did and the stats you received (if you don’t mind x) as well as any advice you can give xxxxx
    Hi sorry for the late reply to this, I did a week in general practice that had some private patients in year 10 , a week doing work experience at a uni in year 10 and 12, and then in year 13 I did about 6 weeks in a general practice going in Wednesday and Friday mornings. Stats wise (I’m guessing you mean ukcat and grades?) I got 7 A*s, 4 As and a B at GCSE, highest that year in my school so that helped with applying. Ukcat: 720 for quantitative, two 650s, 540 in abstract 😅 and band 2 for SJ. Predicted 3A*s for a level.

In terms of advice, your personal statement is your ticket to interview, everyone will have the same grades, same ukcat... so try to be a bit different than the average candidate, you should still write the personal statement in the traditional way, make sure your English is good - no colloquialisms. The standard... be honest about yourself!
    In terms of interviews, the best advice given to me about MMIs is that it doesn’t matter how you perform on the stations, they’re just looking at how you cope under pressure, act calm, try being enthusiastic with difficult tasks. If an interviewer tries talking to you whilst you’re performing a task - make sure you fully engage in the conversation whilst maintaining concentration on your task! If an interviewer seems disinterested, don’t take it to heart and make sure you keep up your level of enthusiasm so don’t be put off by that. Be brief, don’t waffle on, try to get to the key points but don’t leave out detail (rich coming from me waffling on with all this advice). Take the role play seriously.... it’s easy to laugh because you’re uncomfortable but you want to show sincerity.

Finally, there are books out there with tonnes of advice and practice questions, I didn’t use them but I really wish I had. Buy the books and read them, for sure! Hope this is helpful! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry for the late reply to this, I did a week in general practice that had some private patients in year 10 , a week doing work experience at a uni in year 10 and 12, and then in year 13 I did about 6 weeks in a general practice going in Wednesday and Friday mornings. Stats wise (I’m guessing you mean ukcat and grades?) I got 7 A*s, 4 As and a B at GCSE, highest that year in my school so that helped with applying. Ukcat: 720 for quantitative, two 650s, 540 in abstract 😅 and band 2 for SJ. Predicted 3A*s for a level.

In terms of advice, your personal statement is your ticket to interview, everyone will have the same grades, same ukcat... so try to be a bit different than the average candidate, you should still write the personal statement in the traditional way, make sure your English is good - no colloquialisms. The standard... be honest about yourself!
    In terms of interviews, the best advice given to me about MMIs is that it doesn’t matter how you perform on the stations, they’re just looking at how you cope under pressure, act calm, try being enthusiastic with difficult tasks. If an interviewer tries talking to you whilst you’re performing a task - make sure you fully engage in the conversation whilst maintaining concentration on your task! If an interviewer seems disinterested, don’t take it to heart and make sure you keep up your level of enthusiasm so don’t be put off by that. Be brief, don’t waffle on, try to get to the key points but don’t leave out detail (rich coming from me waffling on with all this advice). Take the role play seriously.... it’s easy to laugh because you’re uncomfortable but you want to show sincerity.

Finally, there are books out there with tonnes of advice and practice questions, I didn’t use them but I really wish I had. Buy the books and read them, for sure! Hope this is helpful! Xxx
    Thank you so much! This is very helpful for me xx

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.