Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently looking to achieve my future goals of studying and moving to Australia on a permanent basis.
    I am (32) years old I have a future husband we have been together for 12 years.
    I am looking as I stated above to move over to Australia on a permanent basis however I dont have a recognised skill, I do however and I am looking to study a recognised skill in Australia.
    I have currently obtains my diploma in Human Resources (England - CIPD qualified) level 3 (uk) I am looking at continuing my studies in this area - in Australia, I was hoping to do a university degree in employment law however after getting advice that I wouldnt be able to do the first year in a college in Australia (as I don’t have any first levels in law) to qualify for a place in university, maybe I should concentrate on my HR qualification , I was hoping for advice really if I was to complete my HR studies in Australia to the max year / level would this then be a recognised skill to then apply for a permanent visa to move over? I have the funding to pay instalments for the terms, however I would like my future husband to come with me (he has the cash saved up) and we would like to start a new life together in Australia, any advice would be extremely helpful.
    Kind regards
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.