Turn on thread page Beta

Can't get over rejection watch

I've had a crush on a girl for a few years, but she hasn't known until a few days ago. Coincidentally, she's my best friend. I told my other best friend that I have a crush on her. She told my crush even though she promised she wouldn't. My crush texted me afterwards saying that she told her what we were talking about. I tried to make up some bull**** story and what she was told was a joke, but my us three are really tight and we trust each other and she didn't think she would lie. I admitted I had a crush on her and she was really nice about it, even though she didn't feel the same way. The girl I originally told showed me some screenshots of texts that they were talking about and it was along the lines of "s*** I didn't know he liked me like that". So long story short, I've been crying for the past three days (she doesn't know this). I've asked if we can still be friends and she said "best friends! Hell yeah, we're too close to do any of that bull**** and not talk to each other again". Even though I know that everything will be fine, I just can't get over it really and I don't know why. Any advice on why I can't get over it and how to get over it?

ReputationRep:
    are you a boy or a girl

ReputationRep:
    You tried to get someone for 3 years? Stay friends with her now and start talking and going out with someone. Maybe shes gonna become jelaous. If you cant get someone else while being friends with her stop being friends with her

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    are you a boy or a girl
    Boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Boy
    i would find some new friends in this situation

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    i would find some new friends in this situation
    Why? I've got a few guy friends but my 2 best friends are girls. I don't have a problem with that. Historically my best friends have all been girls.

(Original post by RandomDankness)
    You tried to get someone for 3 years? Stay friends with her now and start talking and going out with someone. Maybe shes gonna become jelaous. If you cant get someone else while being friends with her stop being friends with her
    I'm not going to stop being friends with her. I love her as a friend and she loves me as a friend so I'm sure as s*** not going to not be friends with her. And long story short, I'm not the most popular guy at school. And I'm in year 11 and we're not going to the same Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    It is devastating when someone you really like isn't on for a relationship. I think for guys more than girls a sexual relationship is a most natural progression of friendship. The only treatment is occupying yourself with hobbies and a Plan B. Staying friends is fine, but it tends to continue to cause on-going angst too, so devote most effort to finding someone who is up for it. By the way, everyone suffers rejection and dating needs a lot of resilience.

ReputationRep:
    My bro you got ultra friendzoned 😂😂😂 but if you wanna stay friends do what ya want I mean you're only in yr11 so you're still young

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why? I've got a few guy friends but my 2 best friends are girls. I don't have a problem with that. Historically my best friends have all been girls.
    I think he means it in the sense that she betrayed your trust on a very intimate matter so you should probably get some better friends who are actually trustworthy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.