vinayvaria
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I am going to be studying GCSE Double Science in Yr 10. I am doing AQA. On their website for past papers. What is Combined Science: Synergy and Combined Science: Trilogy? On their website the also put biology, chemistry & pyshics under each other. So does that mean that it is for people who do triple science?
Sciencenerd101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're probably doing trilogy. trilogy is 6 papers (2 bio, 2 chem, 2 physics) and there is foundation and higher tier. all papers are equally weighted and you get 2 grades out of it eg 6-5 of 6-6. The content is from separate (aka triple science) bur the hardest parts are removed. there are also 16 required practicals that you will be asked questions about during the exam eg write a method.
synergy is 4 exams, two covering 'life and environment' (bio,with related chem and Physics) and two on 'physical sciences' (physics and chem with a little bit of bio). you also get 2 grades eg 6-5 7-5 and the content is from the triple with bits removed
The single ones where it only says biology chemistry or physics is for triple science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads