poppychanel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much
username1865079
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by poppychanel)
Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much
Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.
fundmeplz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.
poppychanel
Rep:
?
(Original post by vincrows)
Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.
THANks for your reply. Wish me luck 😭
poppychanel
Rep:
?
(Original post by fundmeplz)
Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you
username1865079
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
English assessment is important, whichever qualification you take, to make sure your English ability is good enough to pursue a course at Cambridge which is quite fast progressing and intense. The requirements are set not just to pass it by any means for the sake of passing it.

There’re so many universities that do not take sufficient care in assessing their international applicants’ proficiency in English, often ending up at them not being able to follow their course at any satisfactory level, causing both parties unnecessary stress and waste of time and money.
Cambridge is not one of them.

Good luck to OP.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got a conditional offer
For which Cambridge course?
fundmeplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you
They contacted me the day after the online test. My phone conversation was scheduled for two days later. The day after my phone interview, my camcis account showed that I completed the language condition.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my camcis account
I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile
fundmeplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, PhD. I forgot to mention that. Hope the info is still useful for OP!
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sure it will be
turkey0257
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.

turkey0257
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Buddy,

Was the assessment this challenging? I hope it went well. I am referred to do an assessment as well, and I would appreciate your feedback.

fundmeplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by turkey0257)
Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.
Hey, they just asked me very general questions about my field of study, proposed PhD research, etc. Basically simple questions about whatever they could see on my application.
gogoforest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!! Could you please explain a bit further what is the structure of the assessment? It would be very useful. Thanks a lot! and I hope everything worked out with your exam
evertonjose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello!I've taken the language assessment after missing narrowly the writing requirements of IELTS and turns out they offered me a pre-sessional program starting August 7th. Has any of you experienced negotiating a switch for an In-sessional program instead of a Pre-sessional?
sabariaz123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone
I am also referred to language assessment and I am bit worried about it if I get rejected? I have 7 in writing but my reading was 6 and required score was 6.5 for reading. I am looking for some tips from you guys who appeared for assessment before?

Thanks
Ejaz khan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do not worry I saw many people get their requirements done. Hopefully, they will offer you pre-sessional. here is my contact if you popup a chat with me [number deleted]
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ejaz khan)
Do not worry I saw many people get their requirements done. Hopefully, they will offer you pre-sessional. here is my contact if you popup a chat with me xxxxxxxx
Pls don't post personal info - I've removed it...
Ejaz khan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Pls don't post personal info - I've removed it...
Okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads