Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppychanel)
    Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much
    Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.
    THANks for your reply. Wish me luck 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fundmeplz)
    Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    English assessment is important, whichever qualification you take, to make sure your English ability is good enough to pursue a course at Cambridge which is quite fast progressing and intense. The requirements are set not just to pass it by any means for the sake of passing it.

There’re so many universities that do not take sufficient care in assessing their international applicants’ proficiency in English, often ending up at them not being able to follow their course at any satisfactory level, causing both parties unnecessary stress and waste of time and money.
    Cambridge is not one of them.

Good luck to OP.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I got a conditional offer
    For which Cambridge course?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you
    They contacted me the day after the online test. My phone conversation was scheduled for two days later. The day after my phone interview, my camcis account showed that I completed the language condition.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    my camcis account
    I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, PhD. I forgot to mention that. Hope the info is still useful for OP!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm sure it will be

ReputationRep:
    could you describe the form of interview like the questions they asked you or the answers you gave?

ReputationRep:
    Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Buddy,

Was the assessment this challenging? I hope it went well. I am referred to do an assessment as well, and I would appreciate your feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turkey0257)
    Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.
    Hey, they just asked me very general questions about my field of study, proposed PhD research, etc. Basically simple questions about whatever they could see on my application.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! Could you please explain a bit further what is the structure of the assessment? It would be very useful. Thanks a lot! and I hope everything worked out with your exam

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.