what subject do i need to become a marine biologist?

Watch
jananashaat21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am going to choose my needed subject for next session soon and i am not sure what subjects do i need to become a marine biologist , i have alot of subjects to choose from so what are the subjects required i should study ?
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biology, Chemistry and Geography i'd say, Biology obviously being the most important

EDIT:
You definitely need two sciences at least.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jananashaat21)
i am going to choose my needed subject for next session soon and i am not sure what subjects do i need to become a marine biologist , i have alot of subjects to choose from so what are the subjects required i should study ?
Check university entrance requirements for the courses that interest you.

Biology is likely to be the only *required* subject. Some universities may like a 2nd science too (which can usually include maths). Chemistry is a good choice as a 2nd science.

http://www.national-aquarium.co.uk/e...ine-biologist/

Edit: what are *your* three favourite subject choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OwlOfFire
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biology is a must have.
My friend wants to do marine biology and is doing biology, geography and psychology.
However I would recommend doing chemistry to be sure you have a 2nd science although some unis consider psychology and even geography as science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (119)
48.18%
Take exams next summer (33)
13.36%
Change uni choice through clearing (63)
25.51%
Apply to uni next year instead (21)
8.5%
I'm not applying to university (11)
4.45%

Watched Threads