Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ua3142)
    haha, ty I guess. tbh he (op) shouldn't care for people's opinion, I have mine, but it's irrelevant. I mean, it is really that simple, there is the aftermath of getting a questions asked etc... but I'm sure he can deal with it.

But I also do feel it's very important not to cut ties with family. World is empty without them. Op should be straight and figure it out with the fam.
    I hope he can deal with it. He's lucky he's living in a western country if he was in the middle east or worse he could've been killed if he decided to inform everyone I am dead serious. Of course cutting family ties should be avoided as they are really important and are the only ones who deeply care for him but sometimes its them who cut it not the person changing their faith

(Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    OP, you have already made you're 'decision as such. So whatever I write in accordance to this, will probably make no difference.

I just wanted to wish you all the best in life. 😁

You've fallen for the dunya and ultimately sacrificed your Akhirah.
    He hasn't fallen for everything or sacrificed himself, considering he never believed in these things, therefore he is not affected by religious beliefs. They are called "Beliefs" and not fact, thus there was never an inevitable consequence if he left his faith, faith isn't ingrained or forcibly conceived at birth, otherwise they'd be a singular religion.

In matter of fact he is probably better off, living free with no restrictions.

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    I am quite intrigued by this....how does one actually "leave" a religion if it's all to do with belief and practicing the religion and you have someone who doesn't possess either of those, or hardly any of it. Does that mean you are a *fake* or not even part of the religion anymore?
    my thoughts exactly. i'm not sure if the op is looking for a particular routine/ritual to leave the religion or something

Well, if you truly don't want to be a muslim, then you are not one.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.