The Student Room Group

Applying for Compelling Personal Reasons - Advice.

For the past 7 years, I have struggled with mental health issues (OCD, Anxiety & depression) which has caused me to drop out of two university courses.
I am looking at applying again for next year (19/20) but I have been told that I can apply for CPR as I have spoken to many people at university, I'm on medication and I have had two rounds of CBT.
The only problem is, I am not at university this year nor will I be in university this coming academic year because I just need some time out as I don't want to be in the same situation again, and I know if I just jump straight back in to it, I'll be in the same place all over again.
My questions are;
1. Do you have to apply for CPR with an open SFC application, as I would send off all my evidence this year, but won't need it until next year
2. Is there a time frame I should apply for CPR, for example, I'm not going this academic year, but I will be the next, meaning I wouldn't have had any communication with SFE for two academic years, would this affect my application? (I'm not sure if this makes sense, I'm basically asking if they will still give me funding through CPR if I don't go for another year??)

Any advice will do, I'm just at a loss.

Original post by bxthrxann
For the past 7 years, I have struggled with mental health issues (OCD, Anxiety & depression) which has caused me to drop out of two university courses.
I am looking at applying again for next year (19/20) but I have been told that I can apply for CPR as I have spoken to many people at university, I'm on medication and I have had two rounds of CBT.
The only problem is, I am not at university this year nor will I be in university this coming academic year because I just need some time out as I don't want to be in the same situation again, and I know if I just jump straight back in to it, I'll be in the same place all over again.
My questions are;
1. Do you have to apply for CPR with an open SFC application, as I would send off all my evidence this year, but won't need it until next year
2. Is there a time frame I should apply for CPR, for example, I'm not going this academic year, but I will be the next, meaning I wouldn't have had any communication with SFE for two academic years, would this affect my application? (I'm not sure if this makes sense, I'm basically asking if they will still give me funding through CPR if I don't go for another year??)

Any advice will do, I'm just at a loss.

Hi bxthrxann,

You may wish to submit evidence to be considered for CPR now and it will be reviewed by an assessor.

If the evidence is acceptable, you will be contacted to confirm this and will be processed when you reapply.

Alternatively you can send the evidence once you reapply, it is up to yourself. Either way you can be confident that it will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assessor, if accepted they will award an additional year of support.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi bxthrxann,

You may wish to submit evidence to be considered for CPR now and it will be reviewed by an assessor.

If the evidence is acceptable, you will be contacted to confirm this and will be processed when you reapply.

Alternatively you can send the evidence once you reapply, it is up to yourself. Either way you can be confident that it will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assessor, if accepted they will award an additional year of support.

Thanks Rona

Hello Rona,

Thank you for your reply.

Does it not matter if I don't have an open application with SFE? I've heard that it does, but if not then I would definitely look into sending off any my evidence now in time for when I do apply!

Thanks
Original post by bxthrxann
Hello Rona,

Thank you for your reply.

Does it not matter if I don't have an open application with SFE? I've heard that it does, but if not then I would definitely look into sending off any my evidence now in time for when I do apply!

Thanks

Hi bxthrxann,

No it doesn't matter if you have applied yet, just enclose a cover letter and your customer reference number with it to be reviewed.

If it is some time later before you return to your studies, you can always send another letter advising that CPR evidence was supplied previously and accepted.

You can be confident that it will have been noted on your account when reviewed.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest