Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, is anyone studying Psychology at Aston? I was just curious about the intensity of the course & the workload considering there’s 10 modules a year. How does that work out with assessments? It sounds pretty intense & I do have mental health issues so i’m not sure if it’s the best course for me to do.

I’m still waiting on Aston to reply to my UCAS application but I’m just exploring my options.

Thanks in advance xx
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Laai_bah)
    Hi guys, is anyone studying Psychology at Aston? I was just curious about the intensity of the course & the workload considering there’s 10 modules a year. How does that work out with assessments? It sounds pretty intense & I do have mental health issues so i’m not sure if it’s the best course for me to do.

I’m still waiting on Aston to reply to my UCAS application but I’m just exploring my options.\

Thanks in advance xx
    Hi,

Good luck with your application. I studied a combination of Sociology / Psychology during my time at Aston and had a lot of friends studying single honours psychology.

Honestly, I never found the course too intense. The way it was structured had far fewer lectures than a number of friends doing courses such as Engineering and Chemistry.

The balance for this was the fact the course required far more independent learning, a lot of reading was required to expand on the basic concepts, however this almost acted like a cheat sheet for the assessments.

Also, we have plenty of counselling services available to our students and try our best to support the mental health of all of our students. Doing a degree can be a stressful experience.

Hope that helps, any questions just give me a nudge.

Josh

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.