Turn on thread page Beta

Anon or delete please

I'm in Year 13 and my friend has been pestering me about getting a part time job for about a year (why they're so bothered about what I do I don't know). My priority right now are my A levels and I'm not planning to get a one until my exam's are over. My friend has repeatedly called me lazy and that ''I have the easiest life in the world'' and that I should just get one. Right now they've just randomly messaged me saying ''So have you got a job or are you still relying on your parents for everything?''

What am I supposed to say/do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

I'm in Year 13 and my friend has been pestering me about getting a part time job for about a year (why they're so bothered about what I do I don't know). My priority right now are my A levels and I'm not planning to get a one until my exam's are over. My friend has repeatedly called me lazy and that ''I have the easiest life in the world'' and that I should just get one. Right now they've just randomly messaged me saying ''So have you got a job or are you still relying on your parents for everything?''

What am I supposed to say/do?
    how many A-levels are you doing/what and how do they compare to your friends?

ReputationRep:
    disown that kid

ReputationRep:
    drop em

ReputationRep:
    Why are you friends with her if she's putting you down and being controlling. a relationship like that is toxic.

It's a shame they don't understand your choice. I'm exactly the same in that I'm in Year 13 and I don't have a job in order to focus on my A levels. If they aren't willing to understand this then that's there problem. Anyway, show them up by getting the grades that you want or need to progress to the next stage of your education/career.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and haven't got a job atm...planning on getting one this summer, like you. Also planning to volunteer with the police as a Special Constable when I turn 18 in December. Some people can't balance the workload of A-Levels and a part-time job, and that's fine. You haven't got to get one yet and shouldn't feel pressured to get one by your friends. If your parents aren't pressuring you then that's fine. As for your friends, it's really nothing to do with them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    She's probably jealous that your life is 'easier' financially wise. Either way she's not a very good friend if she keeps pestering you about it. Make it clear that you do not intend to get a job. Basically tell her what you posted. It's better to be honest and if she doesn't get it still then her problem. Dends on how you handle it.

Thanks guys. I've sent her a message basically just saying what I think but I'm starting to feel guilty :/ I hate that I can't stand up for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys. I've sent her a message basically just saying what I think but I'm starting to feel guilty :/ I hate that I can't stand up for myself.
    Don't back down now! I've been in a similar situation and my life is easier without them. As others said she is putting you down and being toxic. You don't need these people in your life.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.