Turn on thread page Beta

Head girl letter help watch

ReputationRep:
    Ahh so I've got to give in a letter for head girl next Thursday so feel free to correct this/add idea/remove things to it I need some help I want to come across as friendly but still being confident-any help is appreciated ) it's not done yet but thank you)

Dear Mrs Derrick,
    Please accept this letter as an expression of my interest of becoming the next Head Girl of (school) a role that is more than wearing a badge with a student’s name on it and including this in their UCAS application. If I were to obtain such a critical role, my priority would be show that I am not someone of greater importance than the rest of my fellow students, but I someone who has the ability to work well within a team, is compassionate and yet is still able to show a vital leadership skill.
    I have always loved working with people, the main reason I believe I’ve been successful in having roles as prefects, form roles and student voice, is my for obvious passion for working with people, being an older sister as well as a young carer looking out for the best in people has come naturally to me. whether I am at home or in school, the intentions of looking out for the best in people has come to me naturally. Volunteering my time for a great cause is something I wouldn’t think no to, most recently I’ve helped out in the Biology department during open evenings, supporting subject teachers, when I was younger I helped run activities for the year 5 and 6 workshops and the Autumn Fair contributing my time to these activities not only allowed me to improve my team working skills. It also helped me gain excellent organisational and time-management skills whilst being able to maintain my good grades during GCSEs. Currently I’m holding weekly biology and chemistry tutoring sessions for a group of several year 11 students who will be taking their GCSEs in a couple months, freely tutoring these students shows I’m compassionate and since I’m helping them in subjects I love, whilst maintaining my grades, shows I have qualities needed for head girl.
    I am able to confidently express my opinions, being a member of debate club as taking part in the debate challenge at school, this has meant I had to be clear in my ideas and able to think quickly about any problems with the ideas I have suggested. Being an avid debater has also meant I am required to support the side I wouldn’t normally support, allowing myself to see both sides of an argument and become a problem solver. My determination to improve on myself has been evident through my time at (school), I am keen to find out ways I can positively improve on myself, a quote that greatly shows this is,
    ‘Stay Hungry, stay foolish’-Steve Jobs
    For me this quote means to never be content with what is happening, if a challenge is occurring, it’s not to look for the easiest way out, but to find a solution that will not only help not only myself but the community affect by the problem. Stay Foolish, I must be willing to keep trying) the things people say cannot be done, I have been able to demonstrate my ability to stay calm whilst under pressure when I took up the role of CEO for the Coca-Cola challenge in year 10 my role involved myself organising the group, making the final decisions and settling any disagreements that occurred in my group. I was able to keep a level head throughout the process whilst successfully being able to manage my school work and extra-curricular activities. I regularly swim on Tuesdays at the leisure centre, and I’ve also had some experience in/am a member of pre-med, self-defence and boxing, choir, string orchestra. In my free time I’m learning how to code properly on MySQL, I thoroughly enjoyed doing computing GCSE and although I may not take it now, my determination to be able to code properly in MySQL is still present.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by applesandalevels)
    Ahh so I've got to give in a letter for head girl next Thursday so feel free to correct this/add idea/remove things to it I need some help I want to come across as friendly but still being confident-any help is appreciated ) it's not done yet but thank you)

Dear Mrs Derrick,
    Please accept this letter as an expression of my interest of becoming the next Head Girl of (school); a role that is more than wearing a badge and a title on a UCAS application

If I were to obtain such a critical role, my priority would be to show that I am not someone of greater importance than the rest of my fellow students, but someone who has the ability to work well within a team, is compassionate and yet able to show leadership skill.

I have numerous experience in working with people. The main reason I believe I’ve been successful in roles as prefects, form roles and student voice, is my passion for working with people, being an older sister as well as a young carer of ... looking out for the best in people has come naturally to me, whether at home or at school.

I frequently engage in activities for good causes. A recent example would be when I supported the Biology department with open days. In the past I have helped to run activities for the year 5 and 6 workshops and the Autumn Fair. Contributing my time to these activities not only allowed me to improve my team working skills; it also helped me gain excellent organisational and time-management skills whilst being able to balance my studies.

I currently tutor several Year 11 students in Biology and Chemistry weekly to help prepare them for their GCSE exams and improve my communcation skills - skills I believe will be an asset in the role of a head girl.

I am able to confidently express my opinions, being a member of debate club and taking part in the debate challenge at school, this has meant I had to be clear in my ideas and able to think quickly about any problems with the ideas I have suggested. For example..

Being an avid debater has also meant I am required to support the side I wouldn’t normally support, allowing myself to see both sides of an argument and become a problem solver. For example..

My determination to improve on myself has been evident through my time at (school), For example... I am keen to find out ways I can positively improve on myself, a quote that greatly shows this is,
    ‘Stay Hungry, stay foolish’-Steve Jobs
    For me this quote means to never be content with what is happening, if a challenge is occurring, it’s not to look for the easiest way out, but to find a solution that will not only help not only myself but the community affect by the problem. Stay Foolish, I must be willing to keep trying) the things people say cannot be done.

I have been able to demonstrate my ability to stay calm whilst under pressure when I took up the role of CEO for the Coca-Cola challenge in year 10 my role involved myself organising the group, making the final decisions and settling any disagreements that occurred in my group. I was able to keep a level head throughout the process and as a result we finished ... in the challenge.

I am involved in a number of extra-curricular activities such as swimming, pre-med, self-defence and boxing, choir, string orchestra, as well as improving my ability to code in MySQL.

Suggestions in bold

It's a really good attempt and you have all the content and structure down, as you get older you will be able to be more concise and avoid under-selling yourself by using clumsy words like 'code properly', 'I go swimming on Tuesdays at the leisure centre', 'when I was younger' etc

I'm only mentioning that for your own good - I did this at a younger age, and I think most people do it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Suggestions in bold

It's a really good attempt and you have all the content and structure down, as you get older you will be able to be more concise and avoid under-selling yourself by using clumsy words like 'code properly', 'I go swimming on Tuesdays at the leisure centre', 'when I was younger' etc

I'm only mentioning that for your own good - I did this at a younger age, and I think most people do it too.
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help!!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Miss Derrick

Suck an egg

Sincerely

---------

Works every time for me

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.