Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend has the flu but I need to see her watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    alright, all these people told you what to do but do keep in mind that your girlfriend really needs you at the moment, so if you act/stay distant from her (which is understandable because she has flu) she will be VERY UPSET because it seems like a crucial time and she needs you; so before everything just tell her this- "baby, I'm sorry if I seem kinda distant (physically) but I don't wanna get the flu because if I do then I will have to stay away from you for longer time or else you will get it again" and then you can probably just say- so lets work this out together or something.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically my girlfriend is really upset (Because of things not related to her illness) and desperately wants me to go over to spend time with her, she has some kind of cold/flu and I really do not want to get sick but I also really want to see her. If I choose to go, are there things I can do to limit any chances of contracting her illness?
    If she's upset you should want to see her no question. That being said, eat a lot of oranges.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by zahi_b)
    alright, all these people told you what to do but do keep in mind that your girlfriend really needs you at the moment, so if you act/stay distant from her (which is understandable because she has flu) she will be VERY UPSET because it seems like a crucial time and she needs you; so before everything just tell her this- "baby, I'm sorry if I seem kinda distant (physically) but I don't wanna get the flu because if I do then I will have to stay away from you for longer time or else you will get it again" and then you can probably just say- so lets work this out together or something.
    If I was ill with the flu I would not be upset if my boyfriend didn't want to cuddle me and be near me. I wouldn't want to give him the flu which is really serious and can put you out of action for a long time. If you get upset over someone not wanting to get sick then you need to look at yourself.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The flu is actually killin people so I pray ur girlfriend gets better soon but I think if u do go wear a mask over ur nose and mouth and if you don't want to go then don't I've been sick for over 2weeks the best thing is to use caution

ReputationRep:
    omg it's only a cold get over it doesn't she mean anything to You? get off your high horse mate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    If I was ill with the flu I would not be upset if my boyfriend didn't want to cuddle me and be near me. I wouldn't want to give him the flu which is really serious and can put you out of action for a long time. If you get upset over someone not wanting to get sick then you need to look at yourself.
    Yes, I definitely agree with you but I said it just in case, I feel like she will feel better if she is reassured because you never know what kind of situation she might be going through so she might not really get it if he wants be distant. You never know, so I guess it's better to be prepared, I mean what's the loss- if anything she will be happier.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.