Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can i work if i am 14 years old? i know the minimum age to work is 16, but is there any shop or anything in london that hires 14/15 years olds?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kittykatx)
    can i work if i am 14 years old? i know the minimum age to work is 16, but is there any shop or anything in london that hires 14/15 years olds?
    As has been said in a lot of other threads, 95% of places dont take people on until they are 16. A- due to all the laws surrounding employing under 16's and b- because you dont have a national insurance number.
    Your best bet is a paper round.
    Either that or babysitting, gardening etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    As has been said in a lot of other threads, 95% of places dont take people on until they are 16. A- due to all the laws surrounding employing under 16's and b- because you dont have a national insurance number.
    Your best bet is a paper round.
    Either that or babysitting, gardening etc etc.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and in the same boat, have been looking around for jobs since I was 14.

I already have an NI number, but even with that, it's been impossible to find somewhere that takes on under 16s. There aren't even any paper rounds in my area (rural Scotland).

However, you could try babysitting. If I lived in an area with more children, I would definitely do this. There is no legal age to babysit (recommended age is 16 but that is definitely not a law).

I hope you can find something.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Hope you'll find something too♥️

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.