Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Career Pathways watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently undergoing an NVQ L2 Business Admin Apprenticeship, and although only 3 months into it, I am already worrying about the rest of my future.

As an 'adult learner' (21 this year), I am getting frustrated with the small wage, although it is great that I am being paid to learn and I will receive both great experience and a qualification from this.

I've put together a few ideas of career pathways for myself, however I am so stuck on this as I live in a rural area and there isn't many opportunities around here.

The apprenticeship is based within the travel and tourism industry within the UK, and I love it (I worked here before I got my apprenticeship in another department), but I want to progress in life and a small village may not allow me to do so.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    The key is to work out what you really want in life. The best place to start is to get yourself in a high vibe, positive place - that way your ambitions will come from your heart rather than based on fear and worry. When you are doing something you are passionate about, any barriers are much each to move!

ReputationRep:
    Since people change career paths all the time and go back to study aswell I would not worry about your age at all . Travel and tourism is a vast industry with many different opportunities and so since you know you like that, it is a great place to start with thinking about what direction you would like to go on from here.

Which career paths do you have ideas on? I'm quite interested to hear

Will you be completing the next level of qualification once you have finished this one? Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE and so it may be worth pushing further; what is to happen once you have completed this apprenticeship? Will you have a job at the end of it through which you may be able to pursue more training opportunities?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.