Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help with Simulator. Could any one help me how to work with simulator??? I need to write a program using RAM Simulator...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Moved to Technology and computers.:cyber:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Question makes no sense. Are you trying to write a RAM simulator? Is there some RAM simulator you have to use as part of a program you have to write?

ReputationRep:
    You are required to write an assembler program that will generate a letter grade from a score that is held within the program (not user entered).

Grade boundaries are as follows:

0 to 49 (inclusive) = Fail (Output F to screen)

50 to 69 (inclusive) = Pass (Output P to screen)

70 to 84 (inclusive) = Merit (Output M to screen)

85+ = Distinction (Output D to screen)

Submit a print out of your code and ensure it is fully commented.

Provide relevant screenshots of testing using the following scores (given in decimal):-

49, 50, 51

69, 70, 71

84, 85, 86

This is the question I have given from college. which I need help with
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mukt96)
    You are required to write an assembler program that will generate a letter grade from a score that is held within the program (not user entered).

Grade boundaries are as follows:

0 to 49 (inclusive) = Fail (Output F to screen)

50 to 69 (inclusive) = Pass (Output P to screen)

70 to 84 (inclusive) = Merit (Output M to screen)

85+ = Distinction (Output D to screen)

Submit a print out of your code and ensure it is fully commented.

Provide relevant screenshots of testing using the following scores (given in decimal):-

49, 50, 51

69, 70, 71

84, 85, 86

This is the question I have given from college. which I need help with
    This is completely unrelated to a RAM simulator but is also a much less complex problem.

That said, TSR is not a place to get free answers. What language do you have to write this in? You've mentioned writing an assembler but odds are that's the wrong word and you're unlikely to be writing this in assembly if you're at college.

More importantly, what have you done/tried so far and what exactly are you stuck on?

ReputationRep:
    If you're writing this in an assembly language then you need to specify precisely which assembly language you're using. An assembly language is an instruction set for a processor, but every different type of processor has its own instruction set, so there is no single language called "assembler", it's a general term. For example, the 'assembly language' used for the Intel 8086 processor is different to ARM processors, which are different to Motorola processors, etc.

Secondly, make sure you think about the logic for your problem in terms of instructions that the processor understands. Remember that an assembly instruction set makes use of Jump/Branch instructions with labels, CPU Registers, and simple ADD/MOV/SUB type operations, so you need to be able to describe the logic in those terms.
    Before writing anything in your assembler, make sure you can describe that logic using plain english or some kind of simplified psuedocode. try writing this down on paper to make sure you understand what the structure of the program should look like before attempting to translate that into assembly instructions.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.