Mukt96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need help with Simulator. Could any one help me how to work with simulator??? I need to write a program using RAM Simulator...
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Technology and computers.:cyber:
Mukt96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
You are required to write an assembler program that will generate a letter grade from a score that is held within the program (not user entered).

Grade boundaries are as follows:

0 to 49 (inclusive) = Fail (Output F to screen)

50 to 69 (inclusive) = Pass (Output P to screen)

70 to 84 (inclusive) = Merit (Output M to screen)

85+ = Distinction (Output D to screen)

Submit a print out of your code and ensure it is fully commented.

Provide relevant screenshots of testing using the following scores (given in decimal):-

49, 50, 51

69, 70, 71

84, 85, 86

This is the question I have given from college. which I need help with
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're writing this in an assembly language then you need to specify precisely which assembly language you're using. An assembly language is an instruction set for a processor, but every different type of processor has its own instruction set, so there is no single language called "assembler", it's a general term. For example, the 'assembly language' used for the Intel 8086 processor is different to ARM processors, which are different to Motorola processors, etc.

Secondly, make sure you think about the logic for your problem in terms of instructions that the processor understands. Remember that an assembly instruction set makes use of Jump/Branch instructions with labels, CPU Registers, and simple ADD/MOV/SUB type operations, so you need to be able to describe the logic in those terms.
Before writing anything in your assembler, make sure you can describe that logic using plain english or some kind of simplified psuedocode. try writing this down on paper to make sure you understand what the structure of the program should look like before attempting to translate that into assembly instructions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.17%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.68%
Look for a job (12)
3.14%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.45%
Take a year out (67)
17.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
6.02%

Watched Threads