Turn on thread page Beta

Are NHS mental health workers truly with it? watch

ReputationRep:
    do they get how people function on a daily level?

for instance, I remember one of them telling me to never use slang, or not to swear.

but then plenty of other people do it. so there is no reason to single me out. i think it's because most of them are from foreign countries, where it's common for people to "know their place" and they expect me to do so. well i don't, since my place is self-defined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWb4IaYfkFw

Because my views on religion match hers, but then i doubt any "pro" would label her, since she's pretty.

ReputationRep:
    You were probably asked not to swear because it is polite not to. Just because others swear does not mean it is ok, especially in the presence of someone trying to help you. Have some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    You were probably asked not to swear because it is polite not to. Just because others swear does not mean it is ok, especially in the presence of someone trying to help you. Have some respect.
    i don't agree. people swear. it's proof they don't get modern society, and think it's the 1950s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolforcatz)
    i don't agree. people swear. it's proof they don't get modern society, and think it's the 1950s.
    Fine. But don't be surprised when people decide not to help you simply because you are unwilling to speak to them in a civil manner.

What you don't seem to have grasped is that swearing is nothing new. People have been swearing since language began. But now, just as in the 50s and well before that, if you are speaking to someone you don't know, and particularly if it is someone you want to help you, you don't swear. It really is that simple. It is called being polite and I find it exceedingly sad that you haven't grasped this simple rule of society.

ReputationRep:
    Correction. Coarse and unpleasant people who have scant regard for the ears of others, swear.

ReputationRep:
    Fine. But don't be surprised when people decide not to help you simply because you are unwilling to speak to them in a civil society.

What you don't seem to have grasped is that swearing is nothing new. People have been swearing since language began. But now, just as in the 50s and well before that, if you are speaking to someone you don't know, and particularly if it is someone you want to help you, you don't swear. It really is that simple. It is called being polite and I find it exceedingly sad that you haven't grasped this simple rule of society.
    if they cannot handle some select words in a session, then they're all fools. i've been told it's never right to swear, so they can come and section me or section that girl too...but they wont' since she's pretty.

ReputationRep:
    if they cannot handle some select words in a session, then they're all fools. i've been told it's never right to swear, so they can come and section me or section that girl too...but they wont' since she's pretty.
    Oh dear. Good luck. I think you are going to need it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Good luck. I think you are going to need it.
    lol. I know it's true. you do too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    Correction. Coarse and unpleasant people who have scant regard for the ears of others, swear.
    no, it's pretty commonplace.

ReputationRep:
    no, it's pretty commonplace.
    It's commonplace amongst coarse and unpleasant people, as I've already stated.

ReputationRep:
    It's commonplace amongst coarse and unpleasant people, as I've already stated.
    no it's not. many do in given contexts. but then it's pretty cool you support your NHS people, who don't get how people commonly behave.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Yes. they are with it, despite the stress and difficulties placed upon them. Your example does sound strange, but it's one out-of-context scenario, not the norm by any means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Yes. they are with it, despite the stress and difficulties placed upon them. Your example does sound strange, but it's one out-of-context scenario, not the norm by any means.
    It is the norm. It's clear they detest modern society.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    It is the norm. It's clear they detest modern society.
    I don't think you can make that argument based on such a small sample size -'they' do not hate modern society, and I would be very surprised if anything other then a significant minority felt that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I don't think you can make that argument based on such a small sample size -'they' do not hate modern society, and I would be very surprised if anything other then a significant minority felt that way.
    No, most do. It's just a fact. Don't use the internet, drink, smoke, swear, have tattoos, or do some drugs. and judging by your attitude here, it seems you are pretty much of that ilk.

ReputationRep:
    Because you cannot handle a few swear words in a session...wimp. lol. sorry, but people swear, and its commonplace. if you are a professional, you should know that you have to help anybody who needs it. This is irrespective of any conservative morals that most don't believe in, or that you project onto others.

ReputationRep:
    Because you cannot handle a few swear words in a session...wimp. lol. sorry, but people swear, and its commonplace. if you are a professional, you should know that you have to help anybody who needs it. This is irrespective of any conservative morals that most don't believe in, or that you project onto others.
    I stopped caring about this thread days ago. Stop quoting me, moron, and go and find something better to do.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped caring about this thread days ago. Stop quoting me, moron, and go and find something better to do.
    so i was correct, you despise challenge and don't get things lol. i can see i touched a nerve about your NHS affiliation. that's good.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.