The Student Room Group

Earthquake felt across parts of UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43097113

A minor earthquake with 4.4 magnitude has affected parts of Wales and England.
Shaking has been reported across south Wales, the south west of England and the Midlands.

The British Geological Survey said the epicentre was approximately 20km north-north-east of Swansea and at a depth of 7.4km. Events of this magnitude only happen in the UK every 2-3 years, it added.

Did anyone feel this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope
No :/
I did - thought I imagined the sensation initially, but there was this peculiar feeling underneath my chair from underneath the ground where I thought it was rocking. Then discovered was an earthquake...
Yes! The epicentre was about 50k from me then
Oh so thats what it was. Randomly my thigh just felt jumpy
i did feel some vibrations earlier i thought it was just something happening outside
There have been a few in the past too. I remember feeling one. It was very odd at the time.
Reply 8
My bed was shaking while I was on it.
You are Fake News!
sorry guys i had too many beans last night :teehee:
Original post by icequeenTM
There have been a few in the past too. I remember feeling one. It was very odd at the time.

Yeah, i remember there being one about 10-15 years ago in the early hours of the morning. Im pretty sure the epicentre was round Birmingham way on.
How funny, I was just looking at Tectonics and Hazards for my AS Geography
Didn't feel anything here in London
why does London never get any action! haven't felt anything
Reply 15
yeah, my whole desk started shaking, as did the chair i was sitting of. it was so weird!! (in exeter btw)
Lol yeah I felt it in Cardiff :eek:
yep... my door was shaking loads
Thought I’d share a comment that I found on Facebook:

Calm down folks. This is the start of the UK moving away from the EU. Brexit is happening 😂
I live on the hills, so I assume because of that I didn't feel anything. But all of my friends, which live close, said they felt it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending