Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim girl and white boyfriend watch

I am a Muslim 21 year old girl. I don't wear the hijab, I do pray sometimes.
    My boyfriend, who lives abroad, is a white Christian. I love him a lot and he came to visit me recently and it was honestly so lovely. He is caring and lovely, he does sometimes get angry but he always means well.

It seems to both of us that it won't last.

He has put energy into me, money and his heart to me. I have also.

I decided to attend an Islamic talk today and this was on my mind. I don't know what way to go with this. He has hope for us but it is heart breaking everyday. Knowing that a future isn't certain. His parents will not approve and neither will mine.

Do you have any advice? Any comments are welcome. Thank you.

Bump

I don't follow the religion of Islam but I urge you to break up with him ASAP because you're just giving false hope to each other... What I don't understand is that when you got into this relationship with your white boyfriend you must have seen this coming right? So why did you get into this relationship in the first place? I don't want to come across as harsh and rude because I'm merely stating what I think...Whatever you do though please do what's right for you and not your parents or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Why be in a relationship if you know it won't workout in the long run?

That's like doing a degree but you have no plans on graduating.

ReputationRep:
    If you have the strength to fight for it, love him enough and think he's worth it maybe it'll last. Putting the world aside do you see yourself getting along with him for a long time?

I didn't plan to like him so much. He was helping me with my university application. His sister lives in the same city as me and so visited her when he came. It wasn't until he was he that we realised how much we liked each other. I don't have the heart to just leave and I'm looking for some advice moving forward

Talk to him about it and if you can't work something out then break it up and move on just like any other relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you cant help who you like.

That been said, why are worrying about anything long term? It's got to get serious before you start thinking about the practicalities.

Live in the present moment. See what happens and how you feel.

Families always enter the picture, however, who's in the relationship (if there's going to be one) its you and just him?.... focus on that first.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.