Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ameebo's Victorious Destination to an 8 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    so I have decided to create a new Grow Your Grades blog because I thought that my last one was really disorganized and wasn't really getting anywhere so I took a break and decided to restart my GYG!
    I'm going to talk about my key rules for studying to make it clear what i'm aiming for, how I can do it and what my mistakes are in order to change my methods and find out what is best for me.
    Firstly here's a bit about me...
    Spoiler:
    Show

*My real name is Ameelia (yes with double 'e's) although i'm not too sure why...? But here, i'll be known as Ameebo.
    *I am just too obsessed with doing well and my future career.
    *MARVEL and Dc movies/TV shows are my life.
    *Tom Holland is my bae because he's absolutely gorgeous (just in case I ramble on for a bit about him, i'm just going to let you know!)
    *Indie music is my life so i'll be sharing some of my Spotify studying playlists with you.
    *I don't have much drive and always end up giving up on everything.
    *I currently attend a state school but I am going to try and work my ass off to get to a private one.
    *When I am older I would like to be a Corporate Lawyer or Chemical Engineer.
    *I would like to attend the University of Edinburgh, Bath, Kings College London or Durham

And here are my target KS4 grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English - 7 working at expected standard
    Maths - 7 working towards expected standard
    Science - 7 working towards expected standard
    History - 7 working towards expected standard
    RE - 7 working towards expected standard
    Spanish - 7 working towards expected standard
    Music - 8 working at expected standard

This is what I want to get:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English - 8/9 working at greater depth within expected standard
    Maths - 8/9 working at expected standard
    Science - 8 working at expected standard
    History - 7 working at greater depth within expected standard
    RE - 8 working at expected standard
    Spanish - 9 working at greater depth within expected standard
    Music - 9 working at greater depth within expected standard

Here is my attitude to learning for the subjects: (1 being highest, 3 being lowest)
    Spoiler:
    Show

English - 2 Concentrate fully
    Maths - 2 Ask questions
    Science - 1 Fully engaged, well done!
    RE - 2 Concentrate fully
    Spanish - 2 Remain on task
    History - 2 Learn from mistakes
    Music - Fully engaged, well done!

These are the key things to get a 1 in ATL (Attitude To Learning):
    Spoiler:
    Show

1 - Fully Engaged, well done!
    ~ High standards and clear desire to succeed.
    ~ Fully prepared in class.
    ~ responsible for own learning
    ~ resilient in he face of difficulty
    ~ works well in a team
    ~ takes pride in all work and its presentation
    ~ complete all homework/gap tasks
    ~ catches up on missed work
    ~ works independently to prepare for assessments

One of my key things for studying is motivation, therefore I decided to make a deal with my mum. If I get 8's or above in English, Maths, Science and Spanish - she will then buy me an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil or a MacBook.
    Something that also helps with Motivation is something I invented. I have put together a load of pictures and I am going to put them all together with fairy lights and put it on my bedroom wall. I put pictures of the university I want to attend, law firms, macbooks and I even put up a picture of The Flash This is going to motivate me all the time since i'm always staring at the wall like a lost lemon and i'll be telling myself 'GET TF OFF YOUR SKINNY LITTLE ASS AND GET TO WORK!'
    As well working well in my subjects at school, I am also working hard for the subjects I need for the Private School tests.
    The first private school I have chosen is quite weird actually, so it says you need to do tests in English, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French you'll need a report from your current school blah blah blah but then it says "any offers made to successful candidates will get a full fee offer" so it doesn't really let you go for a scholarship except when at 16+ and 11+...
    The second school just says you'll need tests in English, Maths and your daughter's MFL language and a report from your old school and a registration fee and a meeting with the head blah blah blah and then it says that your child may get a place depending on the number of spaces so I am guessing you are able to get a scholarship?

Anyway, enough about private school, it's time to get working! xx

Ameebo x

quote of the day:

"There is no elevator to success, you need to take the stairs!"

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    this weekend has mostly been very chill as I decided to give myself some proper time to literally DO NOTHING! So far I've just put together my own study playlist on Spotify so if you want to check that out then my username is @ameelia.sultan
    The genres of music I listen to are Rap, Hip Hop, Electropop (basically all the electrics) and the ultimate genre is Indie. It's quite a random mix, I'm not too sure why... Here is a top 10 list of some of my current faves:
    1. Where would we be - ROZES X Nicky Romero
    2. Out of focus - Chelsea Cutler
    3. You're not missing me - Chelsea Cutler
    4. Flare Guns - Quinn XCII, Chelsea Cutler
    5. All Stars - Martin Solveig, ALMA
    6. 27 - Machine Gun Kelly
    7. Habits - Machine Gun Kelly
    8. Just for one night - Blonde, Astrid S
    9. Normal - Sasha Sloan
    10. *****es Broken Hearts - Billie Eilish
    I will also be VERY busy since my dad is going through the process of moving into a new house which means I will have a new work space and more space although i'll be traveling between both my parents houses a bit. My goal is to choose what I think will be the most comfortable FOR ME since at my mum's house I have the box room which is SUPER cramped unlike my new room which is spacious and quite big!
    I have recently had my phone taken away which was usually my main distraction for when i'm working and I assumed it would be really hard to work without having my phone there, next to me, constantly vibrating the table and notifying me but I actually forgot my phone even existed!! i am very shocked and I am glad it got taken away. There was this best friend I had, and he was like the best-est friend I have ever had throughout my entire lifetime and something had happened for two evenings and he wanted to talk to me but all he did was argue and it was making me unhappy. He was messing with my mind and my time. I spent two evenings waiting for him to speak and say whatever he wanted to say and I was so patient but it got to a point where my studying time was getting consumed by him so I decided to just shut him off, he can go rant at someone else. My future is more important I had waited 4 months for him to say his reasons but he was still being arrogant so I shut him off and let him calm down. I have never done something like that before. I had always sacrificed myself for other people and chased after other people I realized it was my fault for letting him consume my time and mess with my mind really badly. Enough was enough. I'm doing this for me. I'm choosing me. I also found out, one of the many reasons I kept letting him in was because I was addicted to the pain and that wasn't good. So if someone ever treats you like rubbish or wastes your studying time. Shut them off. Reboot your phone. Do whatever just don't let them take your studying time. Do it for yourself. Do it for YOUR future. It's time to do YOU. Choose YOU. Be YOU.
    Quote of the day:
    "Do something today that your future self will thank you for!"

xx Ameebo <3

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    so basically today was just a really chilled out day. I sat at home and watched this movie on Netflix called The Pursuit of Happyness and it was honestly frustrating and sad. The characters are played by Will and Jaden Smith and it's so cute! I then just did some research for my homework and looked at mirrors.
    Song lyric of the day... ROZES x Nicky Romero - Where Would We Be?
    "Where would we be? If we were still passed out on your sofa watching TV? And it was still my head on your shoulder?"
    Hey,
    so today I was visiting a lot of family and honestly it just got me really tired and just in a really rubbish mood. Obviously I love my family but there is only a significant amount of houses I can go to. I then tried to push myself to finish off my Science Homework but the only times I can't motivate myself to do my homework or revision is when I think about haters telling me I can't do something. It's weird because surely, if someone is hating on you constantly telling you that you're unable to do something, it should motivate you to try harder and do everything in your power to do it more?
    Also I have one question of the day:
    "If you have a TON of homework and revision to do and something/someone is making you feel **** about yourself which is stopping you from doing anything and everything, wtf do you do?"
    I swear, I feel like I have so many questions in my life and when difficult situations approach me, I never even know what to do?! Urghhhh! That is no.1 of Ameebo's top pet peeves, I better keep on track of it... I wish I had someone in my life to guide me the right f*cking way
    I also, changed my Snapchat and deleted every single account I have ever created so that I get some privacy in my life. Like I have lived the past 2 months without Snapchat because of the confiscation of my phone but I just HAVE to create a new account so that is what I did.

All I keep thinking about is that iPad pro...

xx Ameebo

ReputationRep:
    21.02.18 ~ 58 DAYS UNTIL INFINITY WAR
    Hey,
    today I literally woke up at like...12? *Goodbye early mornings* And one of my guy-friends came over and we just talked about Black Panther and watched a load of Marvel trailers for the movies that are coming out this year (he pretty much loathes DC Comics because of their horrific recent movie/TV series performance) tbh I don't blame him, it's getting too cheesy, I say that and next think you know i'll be binge watching The Flash from the beginning again smh. We talked about RiceGum and KSI and basically YouTube politics which i'm sure some over 18s won't be aware of. And then we just listened to Its Every Night Sis as we haven't listened to it in ages. It's really late and i'm super tired but I know that I need to get my homework done so i'll do some research for my second homework piece on The Skeletal System and then i'll watch a load of RiceGum videos? I'll also update you on what's happening for the rest of the week:
    Thursday - Visit dad's new home, watch Black Panther
    Friday - Finish off some homework, uncle coming over, chat about school
    Saturday - Homework day
    Sunday - Homework day

I think i've given my homework a decent amount of time, right?

Opinions (even though I bet NOBODY is reading this)

xx Ameebo

Quote of the day -
    "Distance isn't an issue because in the end, I have you!" ♥

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    today I have STILL got nothing done tbh i'm such a wreck rn.. smh. So I woke up at 12:30pm and I literally got out of bed straight away, had a shower and then went to watch Black Panther (which BTW IS AMAZING I'D RATE IT A STRONG 10/10) and then I went around the shopping centre with my dad and before I realise its 8:30 and I have to come home... ugh why is my life so messed uppppp?!
    I was then feeling SO freaking tried I could just watch YouTube videos all night so that's what I have been doing!

xx Ameebo

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    today was mostly just chilling on the sofa but i'm happy to say I have got my science homework's done! I sorted out my geography homework's and I've also planned what I am going to do
    I also tried this hair lightening hack to make my hair brown at the bottom and I am going to see if it works tomorrow!

xx Ameebo

Hey,
    today I went to Ikea and I brought a load of bedding for my dad's new house. I am pleased to say that I am finally moving in on Wednesdy! I am very excited for everything that is going to be in my room and i'll post many pics! It's also draining a lot of my time because i'm going with my dad to all these places so when he finally gets the house i'll be fully focused. I am also looking forward to getting an iMac Mini in my room! I am not too sure when that's going to happen but hopefully soon as i'll be able to access TSR a lot more which is awesome!
    I also went to the dentist today and I got told that I have to wear braces so he told me to wait for a letter from my orthodontist! I have mixed feelings..
    Pros of having braces:
    -They'll fix my teeth
    -They'll motivate me to look after my teeth a bit better
    -Spiderman has braces which just makes having them ever-so-awesome! (Yhyh ik it sounds lame! )
    Cons of having braces...
    -I'll get really badly bullied for it at school and i'll have nothing to do about it.

Oh well :s I'm not too sure what to think really. But if Spider-man has braces, I don't mind at all!
    Quote of the day:
    "Blowing out somebody else's candle doesn't make yours any brighter!"
    xx Ameebo ♥

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I FINALLY GOT ORGANISED AND PLANNED OUT MY WHOLE WEEK! I also managed to complete all my homeworks, i'm so proud of myself! So I have made a new years resolution for myself: Start doing Zomba at home! It's a random one but I did it in a couple of lessons at school and it was okay tbh and it gets you healthy and fit and its something to do besides sitting at a desk studying with a Hazelnut Latte all day! I am dreading school tomorrow because I just don't want to see anyone but, hey.
    Quote of the day:
    "Hey bed! Nice to meet you, i'm tired!"

Anyways, i'm going to go get ready before school! Cya tomorrow!

xx Ameebo ♥

ReputationRep:
    02.02.18 ~ (oops!)
    I HAVE FINALLY MOVED INTO MY NEW GODDAMN HOUSE!! Thank god! But let me warn you, there is more to come ladies and gentlemen. I spent the whole of today stripping the wallpaper of my new bedroom which turned my hands into sandpaper! And I am also getting laminate flooring and my walls painted light pink and grey. I will definitely post up some pics sometime soon! ♥ Then I will have my furniture being put inside so my Day-bed, desk, comfortable chair, hopefully iMac, rug and decor (you know the drift!). Although I am also trying to keep my bedroom at my mum's house extremely tidy which it quite a chore, especially if you lazy and unproductive like me!
    Decided to post back to you, informing on any updates. I had no school today because of the snow although I managed a 30 minute drive to my dad's.

I promise myself, once my room there is complete, I will 100% get back into the grading game! (I hope so anyway otherwise no iPad pro for me!!)

xx Ameebo

quote of the day...
    "A house is made of walls and beams, a home is made of love and dreams!"

ReputationRep:
    Okay, being honest, I seriously need to get back onto the top of my game.
    I have 2 homework's due this week on Monday for English and that is for studying the history of Ethiopia and Eritrea and on Friday for Mathematics. I also have 1 revision session due just before my assessment in Geography.
    One thing I have learn't this week, which made me seriously so angry I wanted to cry, during Science my science teacher announced 5 minutes into the lesson "Okay, you have you half term assessment now so you can use your 10 minutes right now to revise!" and none of us knew there was going to be a test. I was so annoyed. I have NEVER. EVER. THROUGHOUT MY ENTIRE F*CKING LIFE EVER GOT A GOOD SCIENCE MARK ON MY F*CKING TEST. IT ANNOYS ME SOOO MUCH AND THEN MY SCIENCE TEACHER WAS LIKE "YOU SHOULD BE CHECKING YOU NOTES FOR AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR AFTER SCHOOL ANYWAY!!" LIKE HALF THE STUFF IN THE TEST WAS THINGS HE HADN'T MENTIONED, AGAIN. I HATE SCIENCE SO MUCH I DON'T WANT TO BE PUT INTO SET 2 NEXT YEAR BUT I KNOW I WILL. The worst thing is, I absolutely hate with a passion talking about science tests with this one girl because she always asks me and it's just her attitude that makes steam come out of my ears I don't even want to talk about it.

Today I have done nothing. NOTHING. NNNOOOTTTHHHIIINNNGGG. Apart from strip the wallpaper in my new room. It disappoints me. I feel rubbish about myself.

This is the bit where I am supposed to give up. The part where I want to give up. But then I realize that my entire life people have rubbed in my face that I can't do it. And they said it so much that I actually believed it. I have decided that enough is enough. I'm not going to sit on my ass all day and cry about how i'm doing rubbish in my science tests or how my dreams of being a corporate lawyer aren't going to come true. I don't "think" i'm going to be a lawyer. I KNOW i'm going to be a lawyer. Nothing is going to stop me. I have a lot of motherf*ckers to prove wrong, i'm going to regret doing it the easy way and giving up, i've got to go through the worst in life to get to the best and all that is going to happen is i'm just going to be lying down on the sofa for the rest of my life binge-watching The Punisher and drinking peppermint tea just like the other dumb*sses at my school who are only going to end up working around the corner at the newsagents.

One of my friend's once told me that I need to start standing on my own two feet, and I have the potential to do anything I want and be anything I want. Well it's time to make that sh*t happen.

This is what's happening next week:
    Monday:
    - English Homework Due
    - Dad's house.
    - Flute lesson
    Tuesday:
    - Talk to Spanish and Science teachers.
    Wednesday:
    - Geography assessment
    Thursday:
    - Nothing
    Friday:
    - Maths homework due.

My everyday after school plan:
    3:30pm - Get home from school and eat something
    4:00pm - Spanish revision
    4:30pm - Flute practice
    5:00pm - Maths
    5:30pm - Science
    6:00pm - Most likely doing homework or revising or researching for an assessment, if not watching Netflix or YouTube.
    9:00pm - Reading a book.
    11:00pm - Bedtime.

A*s/8s here we come!!!

xx Ameebo ♥

quote of the day:
    "Don't worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine!"
    "And now i'm doing this for me..."

ReputationRep:
    I have been extremely ill therefore I am unable to actually post anything on this thread until a minimum of Friday.

xx Ameebo

ReputationRep:
    hey, love your thread and good luck reaching your goals; i hope you get better soon!

ReputationRep:
    I AM FINALLY *ALMOST* FULLY RECOVERED!
    I am so glad, let me tell you because I HATE the feeling of not being productive because it just makes me feel REALLY rubbish about myself. I did all my homework and I am actually really happy with the weekend as I had as much rest as I could followed by completing all my homework!

I've made a mental note that I should do my homework on the day I was given it so that I can have a free weekend and also just watch a load of the new season of Jessica Jones and just a lot of YouTube!

I came back to school feeling like a sweaty mess and I just feel mentally drained and feel I need to do something about it but i'm not too sure what? I think I need to do something in the mornings to tell myself "Listen, you're going to have to stay in this sh*thole until year 10 so you might as well make the most of it!" but then again, I have nothing to make the most out of it with like friends?

I really can't explain how I am literally counting the days that I can literally get out of here...494 days.

Anyway I have a homework-free day and i'm not too sure what I should be doing so i'll just listen to music or watch TV?

xx Ameebo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circleofsighs)
    hey, love your thread and good luck reaching your goals; i hope you get better soon!
    Thankyou, glad you're with me on this journey! <3

ReputationRep:
    Soo, I know that I haven't been updating this very often and it is one of my main goals but I had to record something:
    My science teacher approached me today telling me that I am going to get top marks in GCSE science and that I have come out of my shell and have been doing great things in science and asking good questions and working really hard! I am soooo happy and recently I got my test that I was really angry about, back and I got a really high mark I was sooooooooo happy.

So I have been really thinking hard about where I want to be: Oxford Law School, top grades, 1st class degree, working in a practice on Canary Wharf etc. and how I want to go to private school first and i've been watching all the happiness and fun my friends have had chasing dudes and messing about and I have REALLY wanted to join in but then I realized it's immaturity and they're not going to get anywhere in life. I am going to be whatever I want and they're not, it really is that simple! x

xx Ameebo

quote of the day:
    "Tear me down or build me down, I don't give a f*ck. Imma keep doing me!"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.