Turn on thread page Beta

Do people still glamourise mental health issues? watch

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a dirty ass
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    tremen222 already gave a brilliant answer, you're just trying to repeat them. The last part of your post doesn't really make sense.
    Im sorry repeating what answer? Not answer is 'brilliant' if its someone own input and opinion. A 'brillaint' answer is a exact defintion from the Internet- reliable source.
    And you said that you dont understand why ppl keep repeating that they have a mental illness, using TSR as an example, advice from strangers can help them, even bcuz they dont know anything about each other except that they are going through the same thing and illness

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Im sorry repeating what answer? Not answer is 'brilliant' if its someone own input and opinion. A 'brillaint' answer is a exact defintion from the Internet- reliable source.
    And you said that you dont understand why ppl keep repeating that they have a mental illness, using TSR as an example, advice from strangers can help them, even bcuz they dont know anything about each other except that they are going through the same thing and illness
    The definition of 'brilliant' is not 'accurate'.
    I'm not talking about people coming onto forums and asking for advice about mental illnesses. I'm talking about the people who almost try to one up each other. The people who bring it up and use it as an excuse for everything. Thinking their mental illness is a replacement for personalty and it somehow makes them more edgy and special. If you took it away they wouldn't have their identity. The glorification of mental illness on tumblr.
    I'm not saying these people don't have mental health issues, I'm saying the way they talk about it is almost romanticising mental illness.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.