The Student Room Group

URGENT

Hi,
I would like to apply to student finance England for my undergraduate loan, as I'm British citizen and lived in the UK for almost 9 years however i went abroad in Asia for 3 years and returned back to UK 2 years ago and started A'levels at college however now i would like to go to university for further education. Will i be eligible for student finance?
Original post by asadsyed786
Hi,
I would like to apply to student finance England for my undergraduate loan, as I'm British citizen and lived in the UK for almost 9 years however i went abroad in Asia for 3 years and returned back to UK 2 years ago and started A'levels at college however now i would like to go to university for further education. Will i be eligible for student finance?

You will need to prove that your time in Asia was always intended to be temporary and that you maintained strong links in England. If you only returned for education purposes then that might be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You will need to prove that your time in Asia was always intended to be temporary and that you maintained strong links in England. If you only returned for education purposes then that might be a problem.

Thanks so much for your kind help.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

But how shall i prove them by cover letter or anything please help??
Original post by asadsyed786
But how shall i prove them by cover letter or anything please help??

Apply as normal. Fill in the residency section in full. They’ll ask for what evidence they want.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Apply as normal. Fill in the residency section in full. They’ll ask for what evidence they want.

That's fine, thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending