Turn on thread page Beta

how can I create a study plan I'll actually use? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't seem to know where to start w making one and i can never follow timetables but never the less I know I need to make some sort of plan as I always end up spending too much time on my art based subject instead of English and history so yeah any ideas, the more unorthodox the better , will be greatly appreciated
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m in exactly the same position😩😩 always doing art not revising
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    I don't seem to know where to start w making one and i can never follow timetables but never the less I know I need to make some sort of plan as I always end up spending too much time on my art based subject instead of English and history so yeah any ideas, the more unorthodox the better , will be greatly appreciated
    I always found myself missing the times I'd set and giving up on the plan entirely. Instead I decided to write a list of everything I wanted to do and the time I wanted to spend on it. Then, I'd pick one and set the timer for it. That way, I knew how long I could afford to spend (if plans changed) and could pick and choose when to do things if they did change.

If that sounds helpful and you need more info, just give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I always found myself missing the times I'd set and giving up on the plan entirely. Instead I decided to write a list of everything I wanted to do and the time I wanted to spend on it. Then, I'd pick one and set the timer for it. That way, I knew how long I could afford to spend (if plans changed) and could pick and choose when to do things if they did change.

I'm not the OP, but that sounds very helpful😂 Mind elaborating?

ReputationRep:
    I have an a5 book I write down all the tasks I want to complete in a week and highlight them when I'm done - it really helps me be productive and I can see how much I've focused on each subject

ReputationRep:
    As well as writing lists as suggested above I used the revision timetable planner then made an excel sheet with each week just having a list of what subjects so that I can do them in any order and don’t need to worry about doing them at the exact same time as planned. This helps me to focus on all subjects a bit more equally
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by brainzistheword)

that sounds really useful thank you! how many hours after college do you think is enough? I never know if im either not doing enough or if im overdoing it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    As well as writing lists as suggested above I used the revision timetable planner then made an excel sheet with each week just having a list of what subjects so that I can do them in any order and don’t need to worry about doing them at the exact same time as planned. This helps me to focus on all subjects a bit more equally
    what do you write on the excel sheet? do you have example you dont mind sharing? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    what do you write on the excel sheet? do you have example you dont mind sharing? thank you!
    Name:  7FF8990A-5F22-4341-9CB1-E884E697D19E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  37.5 KB as you can see the table itself doesn’t have much detail it’s just a summary of what the timetable says I need to do for the week. Once I’ve done an hour (at least) for that subject I highlight the hour and jot down a brief summary of what I did during that hour
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ahhh I see that makes more sense now, howndidbyou decide what subjects to do, did you just write it down in a random order or when u got homework or

ReputationRep:
    ahhh I see that makes more sense now, howndidbyou decide what subjects to do, did you just write it down in a random order or when u got homework or
    I went on the revision timetable maker on get revising (sister site to here I believe) and stuck in all my exams and how many hours i wanted to do for each. That then made the timetable which I condensed into this table.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    I went on the revision timetable maker on get revising (sister site to here I believe) and stuck in all my exams and how many hours i wanted to do for each. That then made the timetable which I condensed into this table.
    oooh I get you, thanks for all your help

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.