Turn on thread page Beta

There is no double standard for white mass murderers watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    It seems each time a white person shoots up a bunch of people, we will hear the inevitable chorus of "If he was Muslim he would have been called a terrorist." We will also get people trying to call the shooter a terrorist, despite him not actually fitting the definition, seemingly in a half-witted attempt to make a statement.

A person who commits an act of terror, or at least appears to have done so, will likely be called a terrorist by the media. A person with a history of mental illness who kills a bunch of people will likely be called mentally ill by the media. It's not rocket science. If it appears white mass killers are described as mentally ill more often, then perhaps it really is the case that they are. We don't know. Instead people will base their conclusions entirely on their subjective interpretations of what they happen to see on the news. This isn't reliable.

Lastly, we have this notion come up that anyone who kills a bunch of people must be mentally ill anyway. To that I say perfectly healthy people are just as capable of doing evil things. Just look at human history.

There is no proof at all that there is a double standard, and I am sick of hearing the unfounded notion that there is every single time.
    One of the worst things was when the terrorist attack at the mosque happened and loads of people started crying outrage that the media didn't immediately label the guy as a terrorist and posting screenshots of articles about the Manchester bomber where he'd been labelled a terrorist. They were screaming racism as hard as they could.

What they conveniently forgot to acknowledge was that the screenshots they had posted were from several days/hours after the bombing, once the motive for it had been established. Whereas we didn't yet have enough information about the mosque attack to know the motive. I actually used the Google cache tool to go back to those articles about the Manchester bombing a few hours after it happened and literally none of them were calling him a terrorist. It's amazing how people will twist things to suit their agenda.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Whilst we're on the topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMAc6OljiDU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    One of the worst things was when the terrorist attack at the mosque happened and loads of people started crying outrage that the media didn't immediately label the guy as a terrorist and posting screenshots of articles about the Manchester bomber where he'd been labelled a terrorist. They were screaming racism as hard as they could.

What they conveniently forgot to acknowledge was that the screenshots they had posted were from several days/hours after the bombing, once the motive for it had been established. Whereas we didn't yet have enough information about the mosque attack to know the motive. I actually used the Google cache tool to go back to those articles about the Manchester bombing a few hours after it happened and literally none of them were calling him a terrorist. It's amazing how people will twist things to suit their agenda.
    I’ve said this so many times on tsr - the problem is people not knowing what the legal definition of terrorism is, thinking it’s a label they see only attached to non-whites and assuming it’s due to racism. I don’t think most of these people are ill-intentioned, just I’ll-informed. Then there are definitely those who have an agenda
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.