Turn on thread page Beta

Evidence to show I am financially independent - HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m in the process of sending my financial evidence for my student finance application to show I have been financially independent for 36 months prior to the start of my course.

I have a document from my employer showing 30 months of earnings - there is 7 months from now until my course starts and I will be earning up until then - how should I show evidence for the income I will be receiving from now until September?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ht1994)
    I’m in the process of sending my financial evidence for my student finance application to show I have been financially independent for 36 months prior to the start of my course.

I have a document from my employer showing 30 months of earnings - there is 7 months from now until my course starts and I will be earning up until then - how should I show evidence for the income I will be receiving from now until September?

First of all , good luck getting that assessed. I’ve been financially independent for 4 years nearly and SFE wouldn’t accept anything I sent them , wage slips, housing tenancy agreements, bills with my name on.

The only way they can authorise financial independence is by having a person from something like social care or workers and/or a good standing member of the community ( doctors/teachers etc) that know you and have known you for the entire time of being financially independent. Although even then they usually only accept financial independence if it’s been for 3 years or more , unless in extreme circumstances.

SFE suck, I hope you get yours sorted quickly and they don’t make you wait 6 months for finance like me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenMc1998)
    First of all , good luck getting that assessed. I’ve been financially independent for 4 years nearly and SFE wouldn’t accept anything I sent them , wage slips, housing tenancy agreements, bills with my name on.

The only way they can authorise financial independence is by having a person from something like social care or workers and/or a good standing member of the community ( doctors/teachers etc) that know you and have known you for the entire time of being financially independent. Although even then they usually only accept financial independence if it’s been for 3 years or more , unless in extreme circumstances.

SFE suck, I hope you get yours sorted quickly and they don’t make you wait 6 months for finance like me
    Really? Either way I’m 24 so will turn 25 in my second year and will be financially independent then.
    It doesn’t say I need someone of high authority to confirm my financial situation?
    It doesn’t sound very good really
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Really? Either way I’m 24 so will turn 25 in my second year and will be financially independent then.
    It doesn’t say I need someone of high authority to confirm my financial situation?
    It doesn’t sound very good really
    The person above you is talking about the situation where you can apply as an independent student on the basis you have no contact with your parents. If you're simply applying on the basis that you've been self supporting for the last 3 years, you don't need to also prove that you have no contact with your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    The person above you is talking about the situation where you can apply as an independent student on the basis you have no contact with your parents. If you're simply applying on the basis that you've been self supporting for the last 3 years, you don't need to also prove that you have no contact with your parents.
    Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me :-)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi Ht1994,

Please provide clear copies of the evidence that you have with a cover letter with your name and customer reference number, explaining the situation.

You may be asked to provide copies of the additional six months evidence at a later stage to show that you meet the 36 months self support required before the first day of your academic year.

If you have evidence of self - support prior to your current employer, you may wish to send that.

The evidence supplied must cover 3 full years (36 months), however the years do not have to be consecutive.

Thanks Rona

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.