Turn on thread page Beta

Did my sister emotionally abuse me? watch

My sister's abuse started In 2005 till 2012.

It was intense, every single day for 7 years she never once spoken to me and when I said something she would say "whatttt" in a very frustrated way which she didn't want me to talk.

She also looked at me in a very angry manner. For 7 whole years she was like this towards me all the time.

Even after this on many occasions there were parties, occasions and I remember I asked her something at a wedding and at a charity event or to look back at me very angrily and talk to me in a very disrespectful manner.

I remember an occasion when a man came to give out an invitation and I went to my sister "it's so and so's wedding" and she looked at me at an very angry facial expression and she did not want me to talk.

So many other times she was like this too.

So did she emotionally abuse me?

ReputationRep:
    This is a joke, right?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So weres the part were you explain how she abused you?

Then what is it if it's not abuse.

Looking at me angrily and completely ignored me and deliberately not wanting me to talk to her for 7 years every day straight.

She even shouted angrily at my face once "at least I can talk properly" In front of my face in an angry way when I could not talk properly. I did/done nothing wrong.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Then what is it if it's not abuse.

Looking at me angrily and completely ignored me and deliberately not wanting me to talk to her for 7 years every day straight.

She even shouted angrily at my face once "at least I can talk properly" In front of my face in an angry way when I could not talk properly. I did/done nothing wrong.
    Thats not abuse. Its sibling rivalry

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Thats not abuse. Its sibling rivalry
    7 years straight looking at me angry, ignoring me whenever I tried to talk to her. Looking aggressively at me, talking to me as if I had no right to talk?

I did no wrong and I had a disability. She did this when I was at my most vulnerable.

Even now she still looks me angry and says one word answers back angrily as if I had no right to talk.

What kind of sibling rivalry is that?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    7 years straight looking at me angry, ignoring me whenever I tried to talk to her. Looking aggressively at me, talking to me as if I had no right to talk?

I did no wrong and I had a disability. She did this when I was at my most vulnerable.

Even now she still looks me angry and says one word answers back angrily as if I had no right to talk.

What kind of sibling rivalry is that?
    Now that makes sense. So it wasnt physical abuse your were referring to but mental abuse? It hurt you more in the mind rather than the body?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's not 'abuse', she's just not a very nice person. Plenty of siblings don't get on, it's not a big deal.

Ok thanks for your replies.

Yes it hurt me more in the mind.

Could it be called mental abuse? If it's not what can it be classed as please?

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ this is not a normal amount of sibling rivalry. This is emotional abuse as this can cause psychological damage. This is not normal, it’s not pleasant at all, and I really think you should confront your sister/ talk to a parent about this. 7 years is a long time for this to go on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ok thanks for your replies.

Yes it hurt me more in the mind.

Could it be called mental abuse? If it's not what can it be classed as please?
    It can be classed as her being a ****.

It's not abuse - presumably she was a child herself too.

ReputationRep:
    definetly sounds like abuse 😏🤣😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.