Turn on thread page Beta

Ab initio spanish written assignment watch

ReputationRep:
    My teacher won’t respond to my emails and my first draft is due Tuesday, I have no idea if my topic is even ok. I wanted to do it on the difference in the U.K. and Spain regearding the popularity of different music genres and looking at the music charts in each country. I’m really stressed, does anyone know if this is appropriate?

ReputationRep:
    I think the topic if quite interesting but I'm not sure what you mean by looking at music charts.

ReputationRep:
    Comparing music is okay, but to be fair music has become so globalised now! like Spanish music is a huge hit in both Spain and UK.. So in terms of meeting IB requirements for awareness of culture it seems a bit meh. you could definitely take a look at the ab initio guide and just pick a topic from there. for UK and Spain, you should probably do something related to food! (imagine the cultural aspect of tea and crumpets vs. spicy empanadas) mean even if it seems obvious, topic doesn't matter as long as it is done well.good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Stop spending precious time agonising over esoteric themes: you need solid vocabulary and grammar, rather than a theme that personally resonates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happypie)
    Comparing music is okay, but to be fair music has become so globalised now! like Spanish music is a huge hit in both Spain and UK.. So in terms of meeting IB requirements for awareness of culture it seems a bit meh. you could definitely take a look at the ab initio guide and just pick a topic from there. for UK and Spain, you should probably do something related to food! (imagine the cultural aspect of tea and crumpets vs. spicy empanadas) mean even if it seems obvious, topic doesn't matter as long as it is done well.good luck!
    I would but I don’t understand it, I don’t understand the entire assignment and I’m literally having a breakdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyexlr1)
    I would but I don’t understand it, I don’t understand the entire assignment and I’m literally having a breakdown
    alright lets take a breath, it's going to be okay first, start off with a topic. Name:  Screenshot_20180219-003932-compressed.png.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  108.4 KB here's a pic of the prescribed topics. now, just pic any topic that's simple to compare. you could try education systems, favourite snacks, weddings, etc. just remember that it must be from the prescribed topics and you must bring out culture. now, you can search up some sources for your topic.
    now for each part- you have the introduction, where you just need 2-3 interesting facts about your topic. not too hard, right? then, for the comparison part, you just need to find 3 things to compare, given the sources that you have, you can literally compare a million things. put your thoughts down in english and highlight your points from your sources. then this wont take long either! the reflection is slightly tricky-but IB has made this a lot easier for us the three questions are already set. just think about each question carefully, avoid repeating what you said earlier and write with heart. now I'm sure you fully know the format, but what im trying to prove is that it's not too hard to accomplish in a short span of time! Just work step by step and choose a good, simple topic. then everything else will fall into place! remember, your orals include discussion of the WT so it's a smart idea to do it in an easy topic where you can use more vocabulary and talk freely keep updating on your progress if you want to, and i know you can do This! Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happypie)
    alright lets take a breath, it's going to be okay first, start off with a topic. Name:  Screenshot_20180219-003932-compressed.png.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  108.4 KB here's a pic of the prescribed topics. now, just pic any topic that's simple to compare. you could try education systems, favourite snacks, weddings, etc. just remember that it must be from the prescribed topics and you must bring out culture. now, you can search up some sources for your topic.
    now for each part- you have the introduction, where you just need 2-3 interesting facts about your topic. not too hard, right? then, for the comparison part, you just need to find 3 things to compare, given the sources that you have, you can literally compare a million things. put your thoughts down in english and highlight your points from your sources. then this wont take long either! the reflection is slightly tricky-but IB has made this a lot easier for us the three questions are already set. just think about each question carefully, avoid repeating what you said earlier and write with heart. now I'm sure you fully know the format, but what im trying to prove is that it's not too hard to accomplish in a short span of time! Just work step by step and choose a good, simple topic. then everything else will fall into place! remember, your orals include discussion of the WT so it's a smart idea to do it in an easy topic where you can use more vocabulary and talk freely keep updating on your progress if you want to, and i know you can do This! Good luck
    Oh wow you’re an actual angel thank you so much.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.