The Student Room Group

Want to drop out of sixth form. Advice?

Hi, I need some advice please :smile:
I really don't enjoy sixth form, I really hate the environment at school and I feel really uncomfortable and out of place there. Plus I don't really enjoy what I picked, or any of the subjects they offer and I'd rather be doing something more specific that I'd enjoy, so it feels like a waste of time being there - especially as I'm not going to uni either. I'm only really going because my parents wanted me too as I have good GCSE results and they think college is for stupid people. The college where I live doesn't have anything I'm interested in doing, so I'd have to move in with my boyfriend and go to college there if I did decide to go to college, which obviously would be a problem as I'd be moving away a lot earlier than expected. Besides, I'm not sure what I'd do before September as its too late to start a course at college.
Original post by GreatnessInSpace
Hi, I need some advice please :smile:
I really don't enjoy sixth form, I really hate the environment at school and I feel really uncomfortable and out of place there. Plus I don't really enjoy what I picked, or any of the subjects they offer and I'd rather be doing something more specific that I'd enjoy, so it feels like a waste of time being there - especially as I'm not going to uni either. I'm only really going because my parents wanted me too as I have good GCSE results and they think college is for stupid people. The college where I live doesn't have anything I'm interested in doing, so I'd have to move in with my boyfriend and go to college there if I did decide to go to college, which obviously would be a problem as I'd be moving away a lot earlier than expected. Besides, I'm not sure what I'd do before September as its too late to start a course at college.

Talk to r better still go and see a careers adviser plus talk to the school.

You have 18 months to go of free education that will cost you thousands once you are 18. If you work hard and get good grades then you have options.

If you decide to leave then you are really meant to stay in raining or education until 18. If you are going to move in with your bf then at least find a college course you wish to do.

I think if I were in your position then I would determine what i wanted to do. Probably ask to resit the year or find a different school that would take me and do a different set of A levels, then get good grades. A levels are recgnised and accepted by everyone. Before you give that up then make sure its the right next course. once you are 18 then you will be paying thousands if you wish to continue education.

Its easy enough to go to sixth form and focus only on your studies. It is only two years. Think about whats in your best interests, but its your life.

Quick Reply

Latest