Turn on thread page Beta

Meghan Marckle doesnt look that black tbh watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I was honestly shocked when I heard she had black in her

wouldn't have thought so by looking at her

It really depends on the photo you're going by, she definitely isn't 100% white.

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hannah429)
    Can you even define black? Is it really just a skin tone?
    Not always. It’s a race. Meghan Markle is the perfect example. Her skin looks like a white person but she is mixed race (her mum is African American and her dad is Caucasian). So technically she is half black/half white. She claims to be this herself. Trivial stuff if you ask me. Don’t see why it matters so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    How many times have i seen you saying black women have a certain look. And you were like you never see light skin black women. I don’t want to get into an arguement with you cos srsly it just drains all my energy.

can't remember saying black women have a certain "look"

I remember saying is that black people generally have broader noses and different facial structure compared with whites.

Never said I've never seen light skin black women either.

Although I have said a lot of light skin black women and mixed race girls are hyped up by black men ..so they tend to have an attitude about them like they're too good for you and generally act like they're prestige
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Meghan Markles' Dad is White and her Mum is Black - which makes her MIXED RACE. Yet for some reason whenever someone has a hint of "blackness", people just automatically assume their black.

It's the same with other celebrities like Blake Griffin, Drake etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    It really depends on the photo you're going by, she definitely isn't 100% white.

She looks mixed race but she looks more black than white and thats a fact. No matter what pic you choose.

ReputationRep:
    Why is there even a thread on this? Does it matter?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    She looks mixed race but she looks more black than white and thats a fact. No matter what pic you choose.
    Sorry I miss quoted, I meant to quote ANM775 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Did you know Ryan Giggs is mixed race?
    1/8th black. That's very mixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    can't remember saying black women have a certain "look"

I remember saying is that black people generally have broader noses and different facial structure compared with whites.

Never said I've never seen light skin black women either.

Although I have said a lot of light skin black women and mixed race girls are hyped up by black men ..so they tend to have an attitude about them like they're too good for you and generally act like they're prestige
    Never seen an east african? Somali’s usually have “white” people noses and facial structure and has nothing to do with us.

If anything, black men don’t hype black women enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    is this really that much of a big changing point to British culture? its like when they say Obama is the first black president, its all ******** as he is not full black.
    Shh, don't spoil the good story.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah the press are going crazy, primarily because it is a royal wedding, however it is important note the media have diverted greater attention to such a minor royal event in comparison to the marriage of Charles/Diana and William/Kate, as a result of her ethnicity. It is an accomplishment and social change, however this decision was made my HRH Prince Harry, who's actions are quite questionable at times. Is it a major change, yes but is it under the full acceptance of the Royal Family, perhaps no. It would be more impressive if we had a non-white Prime Minister, who has the authority and power to represent and make potent decisions on behalf of this country, then social change can be represented. Meghan will soon be cast aside after the Royal Wedding, and her importance unforunately shadowed by her counterpart, Kate.

ReputationRep:
    How many times have i seen you saying black women have a certain look. And you were like you never see light skin black women. I don’t want to get into an arguement with you cos srsly it just drains all my energy.
    Well, if she has white skin, she can't be black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Sorry I miss quoted, I meant to quote ANM775 😂

I knew she was not 100% white by looking at her, but I thought she was mixed with south asian or mexican or something ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    1/8th black. That's very mixed.
    1/8th?

ReputationRep:
    Well, if she has white skin, she can't be black.
    Light skin* theres a difference and she quite clearly is mixed race hun.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Why is there even a thread on this? Does it matter?
    People are obssessed with races swear to God man...Black/White/Blue tree hugging thing from avatar, whatever people think Meghan is I still think she’s pretty hot

ReputationRep:
    Light skin* theres a difference and she quite clearly is mixed race hun.
    You can be white and mixed race.

ReputationRep:
    Never seen an east african? Somali’s usually have “white” people noses and facial structure and has nothing to do with us.

If anything, black men don’t hype black women enough.

true about somali's ...although most blacks in the UK are not Somali and don't have that facial structure and I was talking about them.

I disagree with your other statement, if you worded it to "black men don't hype dark skin black women enough" then i'd agree

the light skin black women and mixed race girls are well overhyped......

ReputationRep:
    You can be white and mixed race.
    You hardly see that. But she has LIGHT SKIN. Not white skin.

ReputationRep:
    You hardly see that. But she has LIGHT SKIN. Not white skin.
    Spaniards or Italians have light skin, but they're still white.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.