Turn on thread page Beta

Meghan Marckle doesnt look that black tbh watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    1/8th?
    I dropped Maths very early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    true about somali's ...although most blacks in the UK are not Somali and don't have that facial structure and I was talking about them.

I disagree with your other statement, if you worded it to "black men don't hype dark skin black women enough" then i'd agree

the light skin black women and mixed race girls are well overhyped......
    What does the uk have to do with it? You talk about black people in general when black people can look indian, arab, hispanic and we are the most diversified culture. There are somali girls who have very light skin. I have cousins who look arab or even half white when theyre fully somali.

True. They don’t hype dark skin women much. In fact, they hate on them. Dark skin black women are 😍

ReputationRep:
    User with Pepe avatar accuses woman of not being black enough... seems legit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    Spaniards or Italians have light skin, but they're still white.
    What has that got to do with what we’re saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    is this really that much of a big changing point to British culture? its like when they say Obama is the first black president, its all ******** as he is not full black.
    Who gives so much of a damn about what race Megan Marckle is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    What does the uk have to do with it? You talk about black people in general when black people can look indian, arab, hispanic and we are the most diversified culture. There are somali girls who have very light skin. I have cousins who look arab or even half white when theyre fully somali.

True. They don’t hype dark skin women much. In fact, they hate on them. Dark skin black women are 😍

We're in the UK, so I was talking about the facial structure of the typical black person you see in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Another hit thread created by me... damn Im to good for this sht

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh the joy of perspectives, some people feel proud she has "some" black ascent to her, as they perceive it as the turning of a social tide. Others are not satisfied with the extent of her "blackness" as they are nonetheless profoundly dissatisfied with the royal family as an institution.

It's a matter of perspective, I wouldn't worry too much: she will marry into the royal family for her personality, looks and renown, not to make a statement.

ReputationRep:
    Some of your recent ones have made me laugh ftr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    We're in the UK, so I was talking about the facial structure of the typical black person you see in the UK.
    And im saying facial structures are diff to everyone. And if that is true, its weird cos the uk is filled with somalis. I see more than other black people. But whatever..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Some of your recent ones have made me laugh ftr.
    Like the 'valentine is haram' thread - that one kicked up quite the storm :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Like the 'valentine is haram' thread - that one caused a storm :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    She looks mixed race but she looks more black than white and thats a fact. No matter what pic you choose.
    She’s look more black/clearly mixed if she didn’t straighten her hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    She’s look more black/clearly mixed if she didn’t straighten her hair
    That’s the only thing they are focusing on. And there are black girls with hair like that anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science99999)
    Yeah the press are going crazy, primarily because it is a royal wedding, however it is important note the media have diverted greater attention to such a minor royal event in comparison to the marriage of Charles/Diana and William/Kate, as a result of her ethnicity. It is an accomplishment and social change, however this decision was made my HRH Prince Harry, who's actions are quite questionable at times. Is it a major change, yes but is it under the full acceptance of the Royal Family, perhaps no. It would be more impressive if we had a non-white Prime Minister, who has the authority and power to represent and make potent decisions on behalf of this country, then social change can be represented. Meghan will soon be cast aside after the Royal Wedding, and her importance unforunately shadowed by her counterpart, Kate.
    Tbh I expect less press because Harry isn’t in line to the throne. Kate is the wife and mother to potential kings so she’s more relevant, same with Charles and his wives. I don’t think it’s because of Meghan’s ethnicity, it’s just that Harry’s marriage isn’t as important.

I personally adore Meghan as a suits fan and am super happy she’s joining to royal family, even if it means she leaves the show.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Y’all are tripping, she’s clearly mixed? Doesn’t matter which she’s “more” of, it doesn’t matter at all as long as people aren’t treating her differently for it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When I first saw her I thought she was Latina. Never would have guessed she was half black.

ReputationRep:
    Best TSR user tbh. Elite bait. So many biting.

ReputationRep:
    lool it doesn't matter what she, or obama look like or their background. it's the concept of anyone that is deemed as traditionally different being put in power, reguardless of what they look like. even if she was full white it would still be a big changing point as she is not a traditional royal, rather a actor😂 Also as a mixed race person myself (half chinese half jewish white) it is already hard enough to find my place in society (as we don't really fit in to any group), hinting that Obamas succsess was lessened by the fact he was not full black is just stupid. Any progress is progress. genetics work different for everyone, some mixed people would look full black and some full white, but i fail to see why this is relevent. we can't stop racism until people trying to promote anti racist cultures stop being racist themselves. stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    When I first saw her I thought she was Latina. Never would have guessed she was half black.

I had a similar experience when I first saw burrito, I thought he was south asian, never would have guessed he was white

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.