Turn on thread page Beta

I cant decide between the sciences and business.help!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys. I am a gcse student and i am stuck with deciding on which a levels to take. I really like chemistry and could see myself taking it with maths for a levels. However i also like business and i could see myself as a manager in the future. i would also take business with english and maths.{for a levels}

what drives me crazy is that if i go the business route and change my mind then i could say bye to any sciences in university .....however if i choose the chemistry/science route could i possibly take a business degree even tho i have science a levels???? because if i can then i'd rather take sciences and if i like it continue with it or change to business at university level.... that is if i can do that..... somebody help?? or any advice and suggestions?

{ also my father would go NUTS if i would go with business route since he is insisting on me becoming a doctor which wont happen because i hate biology. i repeat i ****ing hate that subject... and yeah i'm kinda scared on disaponiting him and to stand against his expectations because i am not my sister who is a perfectionist who is looking into medicine...}

sorry if its too much what i wrote here....

ReputationRep:
    Why not do both? Be creative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vedrosa)
    Hello guys. I am a gcse student and i am stuck with deciding on which a levels to take. I really like chemistry and could see myself taking it with maths for a levels. However i also like business and i could see myself as a manager in the future. i would also take business with english and maths.{for a levels}

what drives me crazy is that if i go the business route and change my mind then i could say bye to any sciences in university .....however if i choose the chemistry/science route could i possibly take a business degree even tho i have science a levels???? because if i can then i'd rather take sciences and if i like it continue with it or change to business at university level.... that is if i can do that..... somebody help?? or any advice and suggestions?

{ also my father would go NUTS if i would go with business route since he is insisting on me becoming a doctor which wont happen because i hate biology. i repeat i ****ing hate that subject... and yeah i'm kinda scared on disaponiting him and to stand against his expectations because i am not my sister who is a perfectionist who is looking into medicine...}

Take Chemistry - business studies is completely unccessary for management degrees; it's probably a disadvantage rather than an advanatage. That, and chemistry (along with maths) is probably the subject that's preferred for most degrees - ie anything medical, biological or chemical .

ReputationRep:
    There's still this idea that pure sciences are superior to social sciences (business, econ, etc) and it's really stupid tbqh.
    Even at A levels, the science teachers and some students usually looked down on us, the business students.
    I feel like business, can lead you to such a wide field. I'm not sure if this is the same for sciences but doing a business degree doesn't just lock you in the business field. You have good chances of getting into politics, international relations, behavioural sciences, etc.

Do what;s best for you. Shouldn;t we also know by now that we need to do what WE want and not what our parents wants us to do?

ReputationRep:
    Why not both. Pick chem, bio, business
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Have you considered further maths? I hear that can be required/useful at a few unis for economics. Plus with FM you are in a better position to do anything related with engineering or physics.

(Original post by daniel_floyd_)
    There's still this idea that pure sciences are superior to social sciences (business, econ, etc) and it's really stupid tbqh.
    Even at A levels, the science teachers and some students usually looked down on us, the business students.
    I feel like business, can lead you to such a wide field. I'm not sure if this is the same for sciences but doing a business degree doesn't just lock you in the business field. You have good chances of getting into politics, international relations, behavioural sciences, etc.

Do what;s best for you. Shouldn;t we also know by now that we need to do what WE want and not what our parents wants us to do?
    I disagree, with a science subject (i.e. Physics) you are not limited to just physics or research, you can go into many things like consultancy, engineering-related roles, banking, business, or of course work in the field itself. Mainly because the skills in most science subjects are transferable to a lot of roles. With business, I feel it's the opposite, where you are actually more locked into one field (if at all). Furthermore, you don't usually need economics or business studies to apply for a business course (although they are still useful). Where as with science, you do usually need the specific subject to be taken at A Level.

ReputationRep:

Just do what I did... Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Business If you do the wrong A levels it's not the end of the would as you could do a foundation year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.