Turn on thread page Beta

Im nearly 22 years old. Im with a girl thats nearly 23 and she is pregnant with an abusive ex's baby. Weve only been together since November. She wanted an abortion then changed her mind. Ive currently been supporting her with her decision but she has a past of her own which makes me doubt if she loves me too like she says or if im being punked. Its been good but i feel like im being emotionally hijacked about things sometimes. My family are notorious for being outlaws and are frowned on in this city. I came out of care and moved here and my last name causes me problems. I have to carry that ******** and it makes things hard in relationships ive been in. Its not all my family though and she doesnt want to make an effort with that because of associations with them. And she uses that to make me feel bad. When no one has wronged her. She makes it difficult to be with her sometimes. Ive supported her fully and met her family but its not fair to try make me choose between her and a family memeber who is serving a life sentence. I dont visit or write. I spoke on the phone for a minute or so but its suddenly a big deal a day later. She hung up the phone on me like i did something wrong. Im starting to think maybe i shouldnt be with her and listen to people who think i should be with someone who doesnt have kids and do it properly first time around. But i love her and dont want to be the bad guy by walking away from the people that matter. Please help. Advice?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im nearly 22 years old. Im with a girl thats nearly 23 and she is pregnant with an abusive ex's baby. Weve only been together since November. She wanted an abortion then changed her mind. Ive currently been supporting her with her decision but she has a past of her own which makes me doubt if she loves me too like she says or if im being punked. Its been good but i feel like im being emotionally hijacked about things sometimes. My family are notorious for being outlaws and are frowned on in this city. I came out of care and moved here and my last name causes me problems. I have to carry that ******** and it makes things hard in relationships ive been in. Its not all my family though and she doesnt want to make an effort with that because of associations with them. And she uses that to make me feel bad. When no one has wronged her. She makes it difficult to be with her sometimes. Ive supported her fully and met her family but its not fair to try make me choose between her and a family memeber who is serving a life sentence. I dont visit or write. I spoke on the phone for a minute or so but its suddenly a big deal a day later. She hung up the phone on me like i did something wrong. Im starting to think maybe i shouldnt be with her and listen to people who think i should be with someone who doesnt have kids and do it properly first time around. But i love her and dont want to be the bad guy by walking away from the people that matter. Please help. Advice?
    How much have you spoken to her about how you really feel? Can you reach a compromise? In the end if not then she is not worth it if she is trying to change you/prevent you from seeing family as long as you’re not in danger. Do you have anyone else who is less involved in the situation to talk to?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.