Turn on thread page Beta

How can I talk to girls online? watch

How can I talk to girls online because I am an introvert person who doesn't go outside much and I am really not social

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself. You get the comfort of hiding behind a screen online, so it isn't hard at all.

ReputationRep:
    It's not rocket science

ReputationRep:
    The obvious answer is that real life is always better than online, even if you (like me) are an introvert: the more you try and fail, the easier it gets as well.
    Like real life as well, it's all about keeping the conversation engaging and open. Find (or ask for) topics you have in common: almost everyone loves to talk about themselves, so let them do and engage yourself. It is exciting to meet new people and learn about them: you will find people have their own perspectives, ideas, hopes and aspirations; ask them about theirs, allow yours to come through, question them. Surely you will have some things that you can relate to: books, music, films, travelling, experiences...

On the long term, you might slowly develop your inside jokes and so on, then it will be easy to keep it going: make sure it doesn't stay at that, and try to introduce eventually the idea of meeting irl.
    Of course, talking to people online shouldn't just be about picking up dates (again, this is best done in a club), but also about engaging with others, I suppose.

but every girl dries out after few minutes I talk to them on FB, SC etc

ReputationRep:
    This is normal.

Keep sticking at it.

You'll find someone who's engaging to talk to and they'll help you to come out of your shell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How can I talk to girls online because I am an introvert person who doesn't go outside much and I am really not social
    but every girl dries out after few minutes I talk to them on FB, SC etc

Then start going outside and getting some vitamin D

and start talking to girls outside too.

I live in Pakistan. Getting girls here is more difficult than the UK for obvious reasons. Can't wait to move to the UK for university

ReputationRep:
    I live in Pakistan. Getting girls here is more difficult than the UK for obvious reasons. Can't wait to move to the UK for university
    Ahaha... ahahahahahah... HAHAHAHAHAHA

If I'm honest I'd avoid doing a lot of talking online. It's easier to be witty and talkative behind a screen but when when you have to eventually meet up face to face, things will probably feel quite awkward. It's fine if you talk for a few days and then meet but anything longer and it can start to be a problem. Tinder is a good way to work on your chat and meet a lot of new people at once. Back in the day I used to go on omegle (dunno if that's still around) and have conversations with randomers. It would never lead to anything but it was good practice.

ReputationRep:
    Talking to girls online is much harder than real life tbh, atleast in my experience.

I recommend this Youtube channel, they will give you great advice. Remember everything in life comes through practice and effort

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6I...YE-MOjnq5NPgqw

Think about body language,eye contact, and expressing yourself. That will optimize your conversations with girls, to approach just put yourself out of your comfort zone.

ReputationRep:
    Just focus on your exams then, you have the rest of your life to talk to girls

If I'm honest I'd avoid doing a lot of talking online. It's easier to be witty and talkative behind a screen but when when you have to eventually meet up face to face, things will probably feel quite awkward. It's fine if you talk for a few days and then meet but anything longer and it can start to be a problem. Tinder is a good way to work on your chat and meet a lot of new people at once. Back in the day I used to go on omegle (dunno if that's still around) and have conversations with randomers. It would never lead to anything but it was good practice.
    I used Omegle for a long time until it got banned here but the problem was that most of the times you would see men masturbating there and when you add tags most of the girls are very young

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.