Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got my grade back for one of my modules and only got 32% which i knew i was going to fail because i found it really hard. Does anyone know what happens next? Do i need to pass all my modules to get onto second year?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I’m a second year at uni and I have to pass all my units to get into the next year. I have and had 6 units in my first year and this year and my head of year said I have to get 40% on each to pass and to get through to the next year.
    If an essay counts for 20% of a unit and I fail that essay but then I absolutely ace my final exam so I ultimately end up with a pass I won’t have to retake that unit if that makes sense.
    Talk to one of your lecturers or a tutor if you have one and find out the process at your university. Hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BusinessGirl2)
    I just got my grade back for one of my modules and only got 32% which i knew i was going to fail because i found it really hard. Does anyone know what happens next? Do i need to pass all my modules to get onto second year?
    Thanks.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you didn't do so well.

You will need to pass all of your modules to progress on your course. Due to the fact you were 8% off the pass mark, it's most likely you'll be set another exam or piece of coursework to complete around September time. This will be capped at a 40% pass mark. However, as you're in first year this won't affect your degree classification.

You should book some time with the lecturer through WASS to discuss your mark, they will be able to tell you where you went wrong.

Josh

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.