Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have recently got invited for an interview for the MSc in Computer Science at the University of Oxford. Is there anyone who has had the interview and is willing to share her/his experience?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have you been to the interview? I got invited for the interview for the Msc in maths and foundation of CS. I'm also looking for someone sharing experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Unfortunately not yet, but the interview is coming up next week

ReputationRep:
    Mine is next Friday. I will be interviewed by two computer scientists. I guess that might be a bit similar to the interview for CS. As far as l know, the interview varies from people to people. Some are technical, some are about things in PS or projects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyx)
    Mine is next Friday. I will be interviewed by two computer scientists. I guess that might be a bit similar to the interview for CS. As far as l know, the interview varies from people to people. Some are technical, some are about things in PS or projects.
    I spoke to two people who are taking the MSc in CS this year. They told me that their interviews were entirely behavioural. Another guy told me that his interview was technical, but that all the questions were related to the Admissions Exercise. Anyway, for my preparation I have revised:

1) The syllabi of my current and past modules;
    2) My third year project;
    3) Past modules which were CS-related;
    4) The topics related to the Admissions Exercise;
    5) The topics which I have discussed in my PS and CV.

By the way, I will be interviews only by one professor who happens to be also the head of the MSc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorcan96)
    I spoke to two people who are taking the MSc in CS this year. They told me that their interviews were entirely behavioural. Another guy told me that his interview was technical, but that all the questions were related to the Admissions Exercise. Anyway, for my preparation I have revised:

1) The syllabi of my current and past modules;
    2) My third year project;
    3) Past modules which were CS-related;
    4) The topics related to the Admissions Exercise;
    5) The topics which I have discussed in my PS and CV.

By the way, I will be interviews only by one professor who happens to be also the head of the MSc
    Thanks for the information. But we don't have any admission exercise. And the course page says the interview is about technical questions related to the courses.

I guess if one mentions a lot interesting stuff in CV and PS, they might talk about those more. Else they would like to ask some technical questions to see how the person thinks.

Btw it's good to only face one person. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyx)
    Thanks for the information. But we don't have any admission exercise. And the course page says the interview is about technical questions related to the courses.

I guess if one mentions a lot interesting stuff in CV and PS, they might talk about those more. Else they would like to ask some technical questions to see how the person thinks.

Btw it's good to only face one person. Good luck!
    Thanks! Best of luck to you too! I will let you know how it goes and the questions I get asked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorcan96)
    Thanks! Best of luck to you too! I will let you know how it goes and the questions I get asked
    Great! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hi how did yours go? I felt their questions are not hard. But the point is I'm a maths and physics student and they are computer scientists. We didn't seem to have a lot common topics to talk...

ReputationRep:
    Hey! So the interview was goodish, the behavioural questions were easy, and then I had two brain teasers which were difficult but they didn't go badly. I have an Electronic Engineering background, but I have done a lot of coding for my third year project which is based on Blockchain technologies. I believe that now the offer is only dependant on the outcome of the other candidates' interviews. They told me that I should hear back this week Fingers crossed for both!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have received an offer for the MSc in Computer Science I wish you the best of luck, let me know if you get accepted, we will hopefully be able to meet there!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.