Turn on thread page Beta

Getting more and more regular headaches- GP or optician? watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    maybe the pill is just not right for you you could try another type of birth control/contraception
    Thanks but its not the pill. optician said im longsighted and so my eyes strain/struggle reading up close, so i'm getting glasses. if they don't help my headaches then i should see my dr. I'm not on the pill for contraception, i'm on it for my period cramps. the contraception aspect is just a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks but its not the pill. optician said im longsighted and so my eyes strain/struggle reading up close, so i'm getting glasses. if they don't help my headaches then i should see my dr. I'm not on the pill for contraception, i'm on it for my period cramps. the contraception aspect is just a bonus.
    I was just going to write about longsightedness and focusing problems that are harder to notice if you are not a professional. However, in your case (at least from what you write) I still think it is the pill. The reason why you are taking the pill is not really relevant, they work the same. One of the side effects of most contraceptive pills is headache and migraines. Search for another way treating your period cramps, nutrition, natural remedies.... sometimes getting rid of dairy products can reduce the pain.

Hope the glasses will help you. Don't wear them all the time, just when you need them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.