jackh57
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
is it necessary to have an introduction in the essay to achieve the top grades? if so what would a good introduction look like
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I'd recommend it
jackh57
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Yes I'd recommend it
what would a good introduction look like?
lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hiya,
my teacher says that you don't really need an introduction. he says that all it does is prove to the examiner that you have an understanding of the basics- author/poet, time it was written in, etc.
if you include these things within your actual essay, then you don't really need an introduction.
hope this helped! x
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, don't do it in essays in exams, especially in GCSE. Introductions at this level are usually redundant and say useless stuff you don't need to know or they repeat what you're going to say anyway, so it's a waste of time. If you want the top grade then try and summarise the content in the main body rather than wasting time on an introduction that does nothing for you.
jackh57
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by lanababe78)
hiya,
my teacher says that you don't really need an introduction. he says that all it does is prove to the examiner that you have an understanding of the basics- author/poet, time it was written in, etc.
if you include these things within your actual essay, then you don't really need an introduction.
hope this helped! x

(Original post by mundosinfin)
No, don't do it in essays in exams, especially in GCSE. Introductions at this level are usually redundant and say useless stuff you don't need to know or they repeat what you're going to say anyway, so it's a waste of time. If you want the top grade then try and summarise the content in the main body rather than wasting time on an introduction that does nothing for you.
thank you for the help. i really appreciate it. x
lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jackh57)
thank you for the help. i really appreciate it. x
you're very welcome x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?