Turn on thread page Beta

I want to go to uni but have no A levels watch

ReputationRep:
    So I’m 17 18 in June
    I want to go to uni not really sure what doing maybe English language
    But I have no a levels
    I am doing a course right now to get a higher grade in maths so when I’m 18 can I do an access course?
    What do I need to do
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverconfu)
    So I’m 17 18 in June
    I want to go to uni not really sure what doing maybe English language
    But I have no a levels
    I am doing a course right now to get a higher grade in maths so when I’m 18 can I do an access course?
    What do I need to do
    Firstly, I’d think really carefully about the course because you have to love the course not just the idea of going to university.

For lots of universities you are going to find you need A-Levels so maybe look at a way of you getting 3, maybe on a part-time basis at a local college.

An access course can give you really fantastic opportunities though and can open doors that would traditionally be associating with excelling at A-level. Do whatever feels right for you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ruthflame57)
    Firstly, I’d think really carefully about the course because you have to love the course not just the idea of going to university.

For lots of universities you are going to find you need A-Levels so maybe look at a way of you getting 3, maybe on a part-time basis at a local college.

An access course can give you really fantastic opportunities though and can open doors that would traditionally be associating with excelling at A-level. Do whatever feels right for you.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Access course

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.