Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I’m 17 18 in June
    I want to go to uni not really sure what doing maybe English language
    But I have no a levels
    I am doing a course right now to get a higher grade in maths so when I’m 18 can I do an access course?
    What do I need to do
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    None A level routs are:
    Level 3 extended diploma BTEC (2 years at college)
    Access to HE (1 year at college)
    Foundation year (a 3 year Bsc degree, with a foundation year beforehand.)
    A levels online/college, they are still an option if you want!

    Try to figure out what you want to study at uni, whatever you choose you should do it in a subject relating to what you want to do your degree in.

    I’ll be 21, no A levels and doing a foundation year in september, never let age hold you back! I let it stop me going to college and now when I look back I wish I had gone for it. Until you’re noticeably over 25 it’s easy to fit in with younger people. Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.