Turn on thread page Beta

Kicked off society committee for not sharing events on personal Facebook page? watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been officially kicked off anything yet, but the president has basically told me I'm not committed enough to the society and need to start promoting its events more or they will get rid of me. I'm certain he's referring to the fact that I don't share all their events on my own Facebook page, since they ask every committee member to share every event on fb and invite friends to the event. Unfortunately, since a lot of the committee stuff is organised via Messenger, I'm friends with the president on fb so he knows when I don't share things.

I hardly ever post things on Facebook and don't want to fill up my page with endless events for some university society (it'd be 3+ per week that I'd have to share). I invite my uni friends to the fb event, but he's saying I don't invite enough people and need to invite my whole friends list. I fail to see how inviting my 15 year old cousin who lives in New York is worthwhile?

I've tried raising these concerns and doing extra things to make up for it - putting up posters in uni accommodation, sending emails round various departments etc. Am I being ridiculous for refusing to share all the events, or what else should I do?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by issyatuni)
    I haven't been officially kicked off anything yet, but the president has basically told me I'm not committed enough to the society and need to start promoting its events more or they will get rid of me. I'm certain he's referring to the fact that I don't share all their events on my own Facebook page, since they ask every committee member to share every event on fb and invite friends to the event. Unfortunately, since a lot of the committee stuff is organised via Messenger, I'm friends with the president on fb so he knows when I don't share things.

I hardly ever post things on Facebook and don't want to fill up my page with endless events for some university society (it'd be 3+ per week that I'd have to share). I invite my uni friends to the fb event, but he's saying I don't invite enough people and need to invite my whole friends list. I fail to see how inviting my 15 year old cousin who lives in New York is worthwhile?

I've tried raising these concerns and doing extra things to make up for it - putting up posters in uni accommodation, sending emails round various departments etc. Am I being ridiculous for refusing to share all the events, or what else should I do?
    Hm, does the president or the committee know about the extra things you've done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issyatuni)

It's pretty pathetic tbh.

Does your president realise how futile advertising is for univerisites events to people who don't attend your university, or even more silly is that your friends are probably from another city all together?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.