The Student Room Group

Migrant worker status

Hi,I am Irish, I moved to England in 2014. I started working parttime in 2015. I have been working since then. I currently receive a tuition fee loan but recently I have heard I might be eligible for a maintenance loan as a migrant worker. Could you tell me what the eligibility criteria for the loan as a migrant worker would be? And also could you tell me how I would apply if I am eligible. Best wishes,Amanda.
Original post by Amandab96
Hi,I am Irish, I moved to England in 2014. I started working parttime in 2015. I have been working since then. I currently receive a tuition fee loan but recently I have heard I might be eligible for a maintenance loan as a migrant worker. Could you tell me what the eligibility criteria for the loan as a migrant worker would be? And also could you tell me how I would apply if I am eligible. Best wishes,Amanda.

Hi Amanda,

To apply as a Migrant Worker you need to complete a PN1 form if its the 1st year of your course or a PR1 if you are a continuing student.

To apply as a migrant worker we would need the following evidence:

Employed

The students original Passport or National ID Card

Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)

A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)

The students last 3 months payslips (if available)

The students most recent P60 (if available)

Termly evidence

Self Employed

The students original Passport or National ID Card

Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)

Evidence that the student is registered self employed with HMRC (can accept UTR letter)

The students last 3 months invoices and corresponding bank statements (if available)

The students last 3 months business expenditure (if available)

The students most recent tax return (if available)

Termly evidence

PN1 - http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

PR1 - http://bit.ly/2nL8US1

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending