Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to firm Manchester for Biomedical Sciences and was just wondering if anyone from the city or who studies there - what are the pros and cons of both the university itself and the city? e.g. Is the nightlife good, are the uni facilities such as libraries good etc. ?

I've also put Richmond Park/Sheavyn House/Owens Park as my accomodation choices - is Fallowfield a good area to live in with halls? Are there many supermarkets around and is the crime rate high?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Manchester, graduated 2012. Amazing city, great nightlife, music, sport, art, theatre, shopping, food, everything! Uni facilities are great and have been upgraded loads recently, go and have a look around. I did Physiology and loved it. Fallowfield is definitely the student hub and where you want to be for halls. I was in Richmond Park but if I had my time again I'd live in Oak House. More sociable and fun, Richmond and Sheavyn are nice but were not too friendly in my time there. You'll love it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.