The Student Room Group

How long do you think it is before Trump is behind bars?

My guess is about 4 years. Just a guess though. I suspect Mueller will take another few months before he gives us the juicy bits. Simply dropping it on us would be dumb, the US dollar would plummet having worldwide implications and lead to a full blown constitutional crisis.

The mueller investigation is in full fledge, picking the low hanging fruit of the tree. The detail is incredible, no leaks and theyre getting it down to every movement of everyone involved.

Here's just a few examples: https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaLago/comments/7y6ola/there_have_been_241_posts_in_rthe_donald_linking/

I remember the "hillary laughing" one was posted here too.

The steele dossier still looms over Trump too, it's not been retracted or proven to be bs, and has some pretty damning allegations.

Scroll to see replies

He’s too rich and famous to be behind bars
Reply 2
Wouldnt be surprised tbh. He could strike a deal which means he'd hand over all the details he has on russian oligarchs. The US then imposes sanctions on them and if thats enough to undermine Putins power then who knows.
Original post by Caesar333
My guess is about 4 years. Just a guess though. I suspect Mueller will take another few months before he gives us the juicy bits. Simply dropping it on us would be dumb, the US dollar would plummet having worldwide implications and lead to a full blown constitutional crisis.

The mueller investigation is in full fledge, picking the low hanging fruit of the tree. The detail is incredible, no leaks and theyre getting it down to every movement of everyone involved.

Here's just a few examples: https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaLago/comments/7y6ola/there_have_been_241_posts_in_rthe_donald_linking/

I remember the "hillary laughing" one was posted here too.

The steele dossier still looms over Trump too, it's not been retracted or proven to be bs, and has some pretty damning allegations.

Never. Trump will serve 2 terms as President. There is nothing that directly affects him.

Those close to the investigation have said that the worst case will be to indict those close to his campaign, which has already happened.

This is just media circus to keep people like you watching and hoping on something. I think there are probably 3 scenarios:

1: They find nothing and everyone goes home, with the liberals angry at their defeat.

2: They find something directly linked to Trump and cover it because the shock will erode public’s trust in the state and directly impact the economy.

3: They find people around him guilty of misbehaviour and indict them. This has already happened.

Since number 3 has already happened, my guess will be that Number 1 will be the most probable case due to the reasons i mentioned in Number 2.

My advice is for us to assume nothing and question everything. The more we think we know, the less we actually do know.
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
There is nothing that directly affects him.

Nothing yet.

But there is on his close team.
Nothing yet.

But there is on his close team.

His close team is not him. He is the President.
Reply 6
His close team is not him. He is the President.

Right, so you want us to believe that his son and nephew had links but Trump? Nope, he's innocent.
Right, so you want us to believe that his son and nephew had links but Trump? Nope, he's innocent.

Those are allegations though. Even the clinton’s team had “links” with Russia. There are no concrete evidence to show to the public. If there were, there would have been criminal proceedings because it is against the law.

Like I wrote before, this is just media circus to keep you hooked.
Reply 8
Those are allegations though. Even the clinton’s team had “links” with Russia. There are no concrete evidence to show to the public. If there were, there would have been criminal proceedings because it is against the law.

Like I wrote before, this is just media circus to keep you hooked.

The investigation is ongoing.
The investigation is ongoing.

How long does it take to investigate a case that the media is saying happened? Either it is there and they have found it or nothing exists and they are just playing us for fools. Many insiders believe the latter is the case.
Reply 10
How long does it take to investigate a case that the media is saying happened? Either it is there and they have found it or nothing exists and they are just playing us for fools. Many insiders believe the latter is the case.

You're so simple minded it's incredible. There's no insiders who think "nothing exists", that's such an empty statement.

The investigation is thorough and has already revealed a huge amount. Given that it's very thorough it is likely we'll have everything down to the fine details.

So it is inappropriate to come to the conclusion that there's nothing.
You're so simple minded it's incredible. There's no insiders who think "nothing exists", that's such an empty statement.

The investigation is thorough and has already revealed a huge amount. Given that it's very thorough it is likely we'll have everything down to the fine details.

So it is inappropriate to come to the conclusion that there's nothing.

Alright. I guess we should watch and see how things conclude with this one then. Rather than exchange insults, i would pause here and let you have your day in the sun.
Reply 12
I'm still hoping some upstanding citizen will embrace the time honored American tradition of taking a pot shot at him.
Never, because President Mike Pence will pardon His Excellency.
Original post by Napp
I'm still hoping some upstanding citizen will embrace the time honored American tradition of taking a pot shot at him.

Which will make his approval ratings sky rocket if they succeed or not; and if they do succeed, the world ends up with President Pence which is even worse because on top of being as repugnant as Trump he is actually competent and liked by the republican party.

How long does it take to investigate a case that potentially reaches the highest office in the land, with national and international rammifications affecting two of the most powerful nations on the planet? Yeah that's something you want to take your time with to have everything nailed down,
Original post by Napp

Then it will push the country further right. All what Trump has been saying about the loony liberals will be true.

Remember when someone shot at him during the campaign. The reaction was intense and support ferocious.

The people just have to engage with reason and go back to the grassroots. The media campaign won’t change many minds since more people are beginning to link them with fake news.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Gwilym101

How long does it take to investigate a case that potentially reaches the highest office in the land, with national and international rammifications affecting two of the most powerful nations on the planet? Yeah that's something you want to take your time with to have everything nailed down,

Let us see what happens. Like I wrote to the other poster, this is just going to be another classical ploy or smokescreen to disguise the truth that nothing real will be done.

In extreme case, some lower-rung people may be indicted, but those will be the foot soldiers to show that justice has been done.
Let us see what happens. Like I wrote to the other poster, this is just going to be another classical ploy or smokescreen to disguise the truth that nothing real will be done.

In extreme case, some lower-rung people may be indicted, but those will be the foot soldiers to show that justice has been done.

Probably, Trump is a zen master at palming off complete ignorance of something as a positive.
Reply 18

I dont think you quite understand the severity of colluding with a foreign state to "defraud USA" and undermine the democratic system and constitution.

If there's one thing the USAs system can do, it's balance. Trump will not get away if he is guilty. It simply will not happen.
Original post by Gwilym101
Probably, Trump is a zen master at palming off complete ignorance of something as a positive.

True, but i dont think there was anything deep between Trump and Putin or the Russians.

I think they did the same thing parties do during elections, which is to look for dirt about opponents and use them to their advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest