Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you think it is before Trump is behind bars? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Probably, Trump is a zen master at palming off complete ignorance of something as a positive.
    True, but i dont think there was anything deep between Trump and Putin or the Russians.

I think they did the same thing parties do during elections, which is to look for dirt about opponents and use them to their advantage.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Then it will push the country further right. All what Trump has been saying about the loony liberals will be true.

Remember when someone shot at him during the campaign. The reaction was intense and support ferocious.

The people just have to engage with reason and go back to the grassroots. The media campaign won’t change many minds since more people are beginning to link them with fake news.
    I should point out at this point I wasnt being entirely serious. With that being said i'm a firm believer in cutting off ones nose to spite ones face soooo...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    I dont think you quite understand the severity of colluding with a foreign state to "defraud USA" and undermine the democratic system and constitution.

If there's one thing the USAs system can do, it's balance. Trump will not get away if he is guilty. It simply will not happen.
    You seem to be naive. The key point is IF Trump is guilty. Who would assign the guilt? the Congress with majority Republicans, the Supreme Court with majority Republicans, the FBI or CIA or NSA with majority Republicans?

I think this is just an exercise to get things out of the US’s system. Like I said before let us watch and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    True, but i dont think there was anything deep between Trump and Putin or the Russians.

I think they did the same thing parties do during elections, which is to look for dirt about opponents and use them to their advantage.
    That's the thing. As much as I detest Trump, it all seems to be manipulating public opinion but it's still the public that voted. It wasn't millions of falsified votes that got him elected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    I should point out at this point I wasnt being entirely serious. With that being said i'm a firm believer in cutting off ones nose to spite ones face soooo...
    If Trump is guilty, it is the best case scenario for him. He wouldn't have to go to jail, be hailed a martyr and since he wouldnt be able to stand trial and defend himself it would undermine his conviction

ReputationRep:
    My guess is about 4 years. Just a guess though. I suspect Mueller will take another few months before he gives us the juicy bits. Simply dropping it on us would be dumb, the US dollar would plummet having worldwide implications and lead to a full blown constitutional crisis.

The mueller investigation is in full fledge, picking the low hanging fruit of the tree. The detail is incredible, no leaks and theyre getting it down to every movement of everyone involved.

Here's just a few examples: https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaLago/...onald_linking/

I remember the "hillary laughing" one was posted here too.

The steele dossier still looms over Trump too, it's not been retracted or proven to be bs, and has some pretty damning allegations.
    Not happening. Keep wasting time and hope on this delusional thought, though. Trump is gonna be president until 2020 and likely 2024. Deal with it. They've been peddling this "muh russia collusion" ******** for over a year and still nothing on Trump. What a ****ing waste of resources.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Not happening. Keep wasting time and hope on this delusional thought, though. Trump is gonna be president until 2020 and likely 2024. Deal with it. They've been peddling this "muh russia collusion" ******** for over a year and still nothing on Trump. What a ****ing waste of resources.
    Nothing? Dont think you've been watching the news mate.

Your confidence is admirable though. I'll remember your username and we'll have this conversation again.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Napp)
    It is not going to happen. Trump is the master and the Republicans his guardians. They have this on lock.

Remember when there was a 9/11 Commission when people found out the Bush and the US Government knew about it? People were arguing like fools that Bush would be fired and all that, now the Commission and its report are a thing of the past.

The US Government is the master of manipulation. Just watch out how they will kill this so-called investigation.

ReputationRep:

Your confidence is admirable though. I'll remember your username and we'll have this conversation again.
    I agree with the previous guy, nothing on Trump himself has been found at all. There's been allegations, but all with no solid proof to back them up.

ReputationRep:

N O T H I N G

I've seen the news. I keep up with current events probably more than you. Nothing suggests illegal actions taken by Donald Trump. He isn't going to be impeached.

Keep being deluded and living in a bubble.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole idea that Trump will be prosecuted, indicted or whatever is the worst sort of wishful thinking from his opponents. The more time spent obsessing about this, the more time is taken away from worthwhile pursuits like analysing where the Democrats' campaign went wrong, or for moderate Republicans attempting to steer their party back to being a little bit more sane.

Donald Trump isn't going to jail, and wishing really, really hard isn't going to make it happen.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's the thing. As much as I detest Trump, it all seems to be manipulating public opinion but it's still the public that voted. It wasn't millions of falsified votes that got him elected.
    Public manipulation is not a new thing. That is why we must assume nothing and question everything.

Just look at Corbyn, Trump, Farage, Brexit, Sebastian Kurz etc. People said they will never happen and they did. The media now tried to make it look like they were supposed to happen and it is just people’s annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    Hacking is illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I think the whole idea that Trump will be prosecuted, indicted or whatever is the worst sort of wishful thinking from his opponents. The more time spent obsessing about this, the more time is taken away from worthwhile pursuits like analysing where the Democrats' campaign went wrong, or for moderate Republicans attempting to steer their party back to being a little bit more sane.

Donald Trump isn't going to jail, and wishing really, really hard isn't going to make it happen.
    I dont get this logic. We're not all trump supporters, we are able to think about multiple things at once.

The republicans shot themselves in the head the moment they decided to side with Trump but theyve managed to turn him into a puppet. The Democrats have moved on and are set for wins in the midterm elections which could really undermine Trump's power. So, the pursuits you deem worthwhile are already going on.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by L i b)

This is a very good point.

I think the Democrats are making the same mistakes the Republicans made in 2008/2009. Rather than acknowledging the issues and re-grouping, they accused Obama of not being a US citizen. This galvanised the public and he won in 2012.

The Democrats need to stop whining and strategise for 2020. They need to go to the grassroots and hit them with real facts about the nation. Just shouting or feeling offended by Trump’s every tweet, whilst trying to pin a non-case on him, will not help them.

ReputationRep:
    This is a very good point.

I think the Democrats are making the same mistakes the Republicans made in 2008/2009. Rather than acknowledging the issues and re-grouping, they accused Obama of not being a US citizen. This galvanised the public and he won in 2012.

The Democrats need to stop whining and strategise for 2020. They need to go to the grassroots and hit them with real facts about the nation. Just shouting or feeling offended by Trump’s every tweet, whilst trying to pin a non-case on him, will not help them.
    ...but they have.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...vote-6185.html

No one's whining. The democrats are a real threat. Even republicans dont care for Trump and backed the democrats in the recent shutdown.

This sort of generic "get over it and stop moaning" rhetoric is complete bs at government level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Hacking is illegal.
    yes.... this user is saying that Russia didnt hack. If you want to help make the elections safer we need voter id cards yet people say they are racist, even the left fail at basic security measures
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ...but they have.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...vote-6185.html

No one's whining. The democrats are a real threat. Even republicans dont care for Trump and backed the democrats in the recent shutdown.

This sort of generic "get over it and stop moaning" rhetoric is complete bs at government level.
    Yet another poll. I thought by now we have abandoned the polls.

I think this Trump collusion issue is a Democrat-led attack with the help of the Clinton media campaign to pin something on Trump.

Like I wrote before, let us watch and see. When Trump campaigned they said he would never get elected, then he got elected, people said he would not last 100 days, then it was 6 months, then 1 year, now we are hearing one term in office. I genuinely think he will be a 2 term President.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another poll. I thought by now we have abandoned the polls.

I think this Trump collusion issue is a Democrat-led attack with the help of the Clinton media campaign to pin something on Trump.

Like I wrote before, let us watch and see. When Trump campaigned they said he would never get elected, then he got elected, people said he would not last 100 days, then it was 6 months, then 1 year, now we are hearing one term in office. I genuinely think he will be a 2 term President.
    The polls were always right. Hillary won the popular vote, by a margin of millions.

You believe in a big conspiracy against Trump, very smart and insightful of you.

No one said he'd not last 100 days. He's not getting re-elected though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The polls were always right. Hillary won the popular vote, by a margin of millions.

You believe in a big conspiracy against Trump, very smart and insightful of you.

No one said he'd not last 100 days. He's not getting re-elected though.
    Some media channels reported about it. It was even on the BBC Programme called “100 days”, where they talked about Trump. They brought on “political analysts” that stated he would not last more than 100 days.

I know this because i watched this programme every week for over a year. I also watched and still watch the politics segment on Sky News where they (the so-called political analysts) have since changed the narrative from Trump lasting only 6 months to 1 term.

Now you have joined the one-term president narrative. Let us wait and see.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.