Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you think it is before Trump is behind bars? watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Who would assign the guilt? the Congress with majority Republicans,
    How big is that majority. e.g. Senate is 52 republican out of 100.

Are the mid-terms going to change it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    How big is that majority. e.g. Senate is 52 republican out of 100.

Are the mid-terms going to change it?
    I think it is now 51 with the election of Doug Jones, who took over Jeff Sessions’s seat.

We do not know that yet until after the mid-term elections. Even then, would there be an appetite to bring down Trump?

People don't want to look at a different possibility and they, in my opinion, are allowing emotion to cloud their judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    yes.... this user is saying that Russia didnt hack. If you want to help make the elections safer we need voter id cards yet people say they are racist, even the left fail at basic security measures
    Hacking an email server is illegal. Unless that user was suggesting the Democrats leaked those emails themselves so Crooked Hillary didn't get to delete them?

ReputationRep:
    It is not going to happen. Trump is the master and the Republicans his guardians. They have this on lock.

Remember when there was a 9/11 Commission when people found out the Bush and the US Government knew about it? People were arguing like fools that Bush would be fired and all that, now the Commission and its report are a thing of the past.

The US Government is the master of manipulation. Just watch out how they will kill this so-called investigation.
    Bush and the Gov. did not know about 9/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    The polls were always right. Hillary won the popular vote, by a margin of millions.

You believe in a big conspiracy against Trump, very smart and insightful of you.

No one said he'd not last 100 days. He's not getting re-elected though.
    3 yrs. is an eternity in politics. But none of you are considering the fact that Trump is turning out to be an excellent Pres.. Like it or not his base is beginning to grow. He did with a few speeches, and some arm twisting, what obama couldn't do with 800 bil and 8 yrs; tax reform, and put the EPA and some others in their place, plus border security AND Mexico IS gonna pay for the wall.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I will wager a bet and say not in the next 7 or so years, nothing has come out, with concrete evidence, to suggest that Trump has committed crimes, did so knowingly, and tried to undermine us democracy. Allegations are common for many politicians, it’s just some are substantiated and others are not. There is an active media push to make it seem like Trump has achieved nothing as president and any success is the legacy of Obama... which some of the stuff is far fetched to suggest that. Indeed, Trump would have enough popular momentum to keep him in office this term and will most likely win in 2020 ( let’s be honest the Democrats have no one... and are actually got evidence to suggest corruption)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by yankeedog1953)
    Bush and the Gov. did not know about 9/11
    This is a new one. There are clear reports that they knew it would happen.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Knew as in knew Osama was going to crash a plane into a building or generally knew some form of terror attack was likely to take place?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    3 yrs. is an eternity in politics. But none of you are considering the fact that Trump is turning out to be an excellent Pres..
    How?
    Like it or not his base is beginning to grow.
    Do you have anything to back up this rather dubious claim? Especially considering all the polls say he is one of the most unpopular presidents ever.
    He did with a few speeches, and some arm twisting, what obama couldn't do with 800 bil and 8 yrs; tax reform, and put the EPA and some others in their place, plus border security AND Mexico IS gonna pay for the wall.
    He also completely failed to get his health care bill anywhere despite being in control of both houses :rolleyes:
    Pray tell how/why they would pay for a wall wanted by some racist half wit American dunderpates?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Napp)
    Knew as in knew Osama was going to crash a plane into a building or generally knew some form of terror attack was likely to take place?
    There are two reports, the official and the conspiracy.

The official report suggests that the Government and President knew a major terrorist attack will happen on US soil since 2000.

The conspiracy report suggests that the Government knew it will be a coordinated plane attack.

I am leaning towards the official report but i don't think the conspiracy theorists are far-fetched since it is well-known that the Bush and Bin laden families were very close associates.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There are two reports, the official and the conspiracy.

The official report suggests that the Government and President knew a major terrorist attack will happen on US soil since 2000.

The conspiracy report suggests that the Government knew it will be a coordinated plane attack.

I am leaning towards the official report but i don't think the conspiracy theorists are far-fetched since it is well-known that the Bush and Bin laden families were very close associates.
    Well they were expressly told by the Russians that something big was in the pipeline.
    I've always found this idea that Bush either orchastrated or was atleast aware of the plans and did nothing somewhat far fetched though. The man was a moron but not an expressly malicious one - I find the it hard to square this freedom loving kook as being a malicious psychopath.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Napp)
    Well they were expressly told by the Russians that something big was in the pipeline.
    I've always found this idea that Bush either orchastrated or was atleast aware of the plans and did nothing somewhat far fetched though. The man was a moron but not an expressly malicious one - I find the it hard to square this freedom loving kook as being a malicious psychopath.
    I think he was a malicious psychopath, who acted idiotic to fool the public. Remember his speech about WMDs in Iraq where he swore that they found large stock piles? Well, there was nothing and the US are still in Iraq more than 15 years (since 2003) afterwards.

The issue is that many people cannot wrap their heads around the vicious of some Governments. They think the politicians are their friends.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think they might struggle to directly prove collusion between Trump personally and Russian "agents", but there certainly was between his closest advisors (and family). Trump is simply too naive (or incompetent) to realise he's been completely played by the Russians.

Will all this be enough to impeach him will be an interesting thing.

He even asked the question himself in 2014:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 12.24.14.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  90.6 KB

:rolleyes:

(Note, that is a real tweet from his account - not #FakeNews.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think they might struggle to directly prove collusion between Trump personally and Russian "agents", but there certainly was between his closest advisors (and family). Trump is simply too naive (or incompetent) to realise he's been completely played by the Russians.

Will all this be enough to impeach him will be an interesting thing.

He even asked the question himself in 2014:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 12.24.14.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  90.6 KB

:rolleyes:

(Note, that is a real tweet from his account - not #FakeNews.)
    True.

It is not illegal to be incompetent though. Although I agree there may be some elements of cooperation between associates of Trump and Russian agents, i do not think there was collusion, as it has been argued in the media. I also think Clinton’s camp would also be culpable of similar wrongdoing.

My view is there was basic search for corruptible information of Clinton and other candidates, which is entirely normal and has been corroborated by other politicians and Congress officials.

There are also many strands to this investigation, which includes:

1. Did Trump ask Russia or did he know that Russian elements would hack the DNC servers? If so, who was aware when the Republican servers were also hacked?

2. Did Trump ask Russia or did he know that Russian elements would infiltrate major social media platforms to manipulate news feed about Clinton? If so, who was aware when news feed about Trump was manipulated on Twitter or Facebook?

There are other points, which i don't want to elaborate on, else I will be typing for ages.

I think people on both sides are so invested in their position that they are failing to see the big picture and call Trump, who he really is, a stupid old man.

I mean when Trump talked about fake news, they buried him for it, until it came out there were elements of fake news articles produced by major news networks.

When he said that the FBI and other agencies bugged him during the campaign, he was buried for it, until it recently came out that the FBI did in fact bug him and had surveillance on him.

When he said there was a Clinton bias during the campaign, he was blasted for preparing to be a sore loser, if he lost. Then we found out that Clinton did in fact get some questions to one of the debates beforehand, which was against the debate rules.

When he signed the so-called “Muslim ban” into effect, he got buried for it, until it was revealed that it was actually Obama’s administration that had drawn up the list of high-risk security nationals, but Obama did not sign it in December 2016, thereby allowing Trump to shoot himself with it.

This is a very interesting story but I get weary when people on both sides get worked up about Donald “the genius” Trump.

ReputationRep:
    Where is the proof of collusion ? One year of investigation to find twitter trolls ? Sad!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Reiji)
    Where is the proof of collusion ? One year of investigation to find twitter trolls ? Sad!
    Hi Donald! Nice of you to join TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Donald! Nice of you to join TSR.
    Please continue with this "muh russia", I'm sure working Americans are interested in this... well we will see at the mid-terms hehe ..

ReputationRep:
    3 yrs. is an eternity in politics. But none of you are considering the fact that Trump is turning out to be an excellent Pres.. Like it or not his base is beginning to grow. He did with a few speeches, and some arm twisting, what obama couldn't do with 800 bil and 8 yrs; tax reform, and put the EPA and some others in their place, plus border security AND Mexico IS gonna pay for the wall.
    He's not been excellent. He's resorted to comparing his approval rating to Obama's - and Obama took over the country during deep recession where the country was losing 800,000 jobs.

There's no evidence of his base growing, if anything his base is getting smaller. His tax reforms benefit the rich, with middle class tax cuts being only temporary, a cheap way of winning some support. The broadened tax base not only disproportionately benefits the rich, but it also will leave america in severe debt.

And no, mexico is not paying for the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    For crying out loud; In a report produced by some agency on possible terrorist scenarios it was mentioned one time that planes could possibly be employed as a weapon. To say anyone knew of the exact nature of the attack is nothing but stupid.

ReputationRep:
    There are not clear reports that "they" knew it would happen and if you can read you know it too. Quit being foolish.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.